Eurovision 2008 - Official Build Up Thread

That Leona is a fine looking bird herself. The songs could sway it though. You never know.

Iā€™m sitting here waiting to be offended as this has the potential to bring disgrace to our country.

Didnt see it due to United. What was it like?

Yer woman in the dress up to her gee hole deserves to win.

I wouldnt expect you to be watching this kind of tripe Flano.

Dustin wins it. The most successful artist of the 6 it has to be said. Dana just said its a fowl decision. Brilliant.

A terribly funny piece of television it has to be said.

Our hopes and dreams now rest with Dustin. I feel I donā€™t have any other option but to support him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1lIdd3VDBs

If Dustin brings the crown home then I shall be happy. Lets face any of the other 5 would probbably not made it past the semis.

Dustinā€™s just been interviewed on Sky News and signed off by asking for Kay Burleyā€™s phone number and Adam Boltonā€™s autograph.

Ireland are in semi final 1 on Tuesday May 20th.

Ah I wanted the gee hole bird to win.

But fuck it Dustin is the best thing that could have happened. Show those tossers what a fucking disgrace they have turned the Eurovision into with their strategic voting by sending over pure tripe.

Did anyone hear what Dana said when she was asked her opinion on Dustin winningā€¦ ā€œItā€™s a foul decisionā€ What a pun outta the bitch

Ireland are 5/1 to win the Eurovision. I think that is very good odds though not sure Dustin will make it through to the final. Any views??

Dustin has gone out to 8/1 to win it. If he can get through the semi alright then he will surely shorten in price.

Thatā€™s a cracking appreciation of the betting markets you have there Shan. You should work for a bookies or something.

Funny you should mention that.

Dustin better get to the final so I can watch it on Saturday. I cant get enough of the voting. 45 countries get to vote in it.

Weā€™re in semi-final 1 tomorrow night.

Weā€™re 11th up out of a total entry of 19.

9 go through the final on Saturday.

8pm RTE 2.

11th is a tough stall to be drawn in. Not near the start to get early impressions in and not near the end to be all that fresh in memories. Having said that an act like Dustinā€™s is most likely to stand out so heā€™d do better out of a middle stall than the likes of Donna and Joe.

Do any of our Paddy Power representatives have a price on the turkey qualifying for the final ?

I presume heā€™s short enough

Heā€™s about 2 feet tall. As for the markets. Shan mentioned the price to win.
To actually qualify for the final itā€™s 4/7, no value