Eurovision 2019 - Jaffa/Tel Aviv (not in Europe this year)

Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie :australia:

Australia and Iceland have landed in the second half of the grand final. There is now only three slots remaining in the second half of the show, with seven left in half one. These will be filled on Thursday night after semi final too. The top three favs in the outright book (Netherlands 2/1, Sweden 5/1 and Russia 8/1) are all up on Thursday and jockieing for coveted second half slots. Furthermore you’ve got Azerbaijan 12/1, Switzerland 22/1 and Malta 25/1 playing on Thursday night and these are all goosed as well if landing in the first half.

The first half might become top heavy with most of the quality. I think Australia are too short to be backing now around 8/1 and don’t see them winning anyway. If I were to put up two to punt each way at this point it’d be Iceland 16/1 and Italy 20/1. Both are in second half of show and both have a sort of X Factor, especially Iceland who will go down a treat with folk ringing in. Italy more likely to be popular with the jury voting. As an outsider Spain e/w 100/1. Again in the second half and I have a feeling will be last act on.

1 Like

I had a quick look earlier on today and the songs with the most views on the Eurovision YouTube channel are Malta Netherlands France Armenia Italy and France and Spain. The danger with that logic is obviously the more populated countries might look more at their own songs. Malta and Armenia the outliers in that scenario

I wouldn’t take much notice of that. Supposedly Malta are putting money into manipulating youtube views to make the song appear more popular if you can fathom that. I don’t think Armenia will qualify for the final. I backed them at 6/4 there not to qualify. She is first up in her semi final and it is laden down with talent later on, think she will be forgotten about. Also it’s a very shouty number. I’d be careful backing anyone out of this semi final to win outright now because as i say only three out of these ten will be in second half of show.

Iceland e/w at 16s with Paddy Power paying five places is a tremendous e/w poke. They haven’t qualified in five years or something and the event organiser is Scandinavian, reckon he will give them a very favorable draw in the second half amongst the very last acts on.

A few more fancies I have for semi final two tonight besides Armenia NOT to qualify at 6/4 as already put up.

Denmark to qualify 11/10
Very small bet Austria to qualify 4.1 betfair
Small bet North Macedonia NOT to qualify 11/5
I’m laying Norway to qualify at 1.34 (1/3) on betfair

Took a few pound on them

We couldn’t even trick the competition into voting for us last year. Pulled out all the stops. A wannabe gay singer and two gays dancing around the stage. We got found out. Hope Iceland win it.

On the outright the Dutch fella has come in considerably to now 2.12 on befair and about Evens or 11/10 with the bookies. He was supposed to have nailed it last night in a rehearsal show for tonight. At the last minute his handlers have pulled his staging together and he will be incredibly hard bet in the final. I’m just hoping he draws first half but it’s likely even that will not stop him. If he draws second half it will certainly be all over and he will trade a good shade of odds on at that point.

1 Like

There’s a market called top of the big 5 (this is just who will do best of Italy, France, Spain, Germany and UK).

I think Spain are very much worth a bet at 12/1 or 14/1 in this market if you can get it.

Also I like San Marino to finish last at 7/1.

1 Like

What has happened to this once fine competition, is it like horse racing now, you can only watch if you have a bet on?

1 Like

Sigh.

I’ll be boycotting this in solidarity with the Palestinian people.

I’ll be boycotting it in sympathy with music lovers.

2 Likes

We conquered all of Europe
In ‘96 we stopped
From Amsterdam to Malmo
We won the fuckin’ lot
Niamh Kavanagh, Johnny Logan, the Rock ‘N’ Roll Kids
But this year we will boycott
As we protest at the Yids

Allez Allez Allez

1 Like

It’s turned into quareovision these days

1 Like

“Connections” will be disappointed if the Dutch lad doesn’t win. He might find himself in the glue factory on Monday morning.

1 Like

The Dutch are going to win. Get on at 11/10 these prices don’t lose

Where are the microchips in your phone made ? Possibly Israel.

Yeah an 11/10 shot has never lost anything.

China