Eurovision 2022 - Torino - Quattordici Maggio

Had Yemen an entry in this years contest?

Closer to europe than fucking Australia anyway…

1 Like

Who do you think should have won? Do you think the UK song was that much better than Ukraine’s? I certainly didn’t and they finished second

Sweden or Spain.

Horny out

Anyone who genuinely believed that dirge would have been a legitimate winner is tone deaf.

1 Like

That’s a good song from last year to be fair.

But I think you undersold this year’s Ukrainian entry from the start. It’s a fine song. It blends three genres - rap, that haunting traditional Ukrainian folk sound (there are clips out there of people playing it on the violin and it gives a new, powerful dimension), and late 80s Roland 808 bass machine influenced dance music.

I still don’t think the whole package adds up to Alina Pash’s masterpiece that beat it in the domestic contest (again I emphasise what an absolute crying shame it is that she didn’t take Europe by storm tonight) but it was as deserving a winner as the winner in most years is - in a normal Eurovision year there is fierce debate - I have a proven record of backing (in a non-monetary sense) the song that finishes second, as I did last year, and in 2018 and 2014.

If it’s at all possible I think they’ll go all out to host it. Maybe in Kyiv, maybe in Lviv. Money won’t be an issue, they’ll get the help they need.

It will be something for them to aim for as a nation, to host Europe, be part of Europe, and put on a party.

And the Russians won’t dare go near it.

A bit like the snooker theme, they’ve fucked it by trying to “jazz it up”. And you only get about five to six seconds of it at the start. It should be front and centre. One of the great themes.

A joke of a result, sympathy vote for the Ukraines, sickening really. Surely the USSR were desereved of an entry in the semi’s

Try harder Ewan

Okay the soviet union

So it was fixed all along :smiley:

I hope lads learned a lesson last night

@Smark