Eurovision 2022 - Torino - Quattordici Maggio

Imagine watching it.

A semi final of the Eurovision :joy:

Where would you get the likes of them in fairness?

The Eurovision is the Champions League of music.

Only hundreds of millions of people yeah.

There’s some lads that would watch absolutely anything as long as they can put a bet on it

Is @smark a homosexual?

I wish.

5 Likes

Finland have drawn first half, another big loud performer in there to put around Ukraine and make their song look like boring shit.

Sweden have drawn second half, lovely jubbly. I predict they’ll be put on very deep in the running order to give them every chance. Sweden each way at 10/1 with Paddy Power 1-4 places is a great bet now the way the draw has worked out.

An experienced S&C coach with Caroline Currid in an advisory role would be the job.
Telling them “ you just don’t get it fella “ doesn’t cut it at this level.

2 Likes

I’m beginning to think the lads who wrote “Ukraine Win” on the back of the fag paper might be on to something.

1.43 now

I’d say there are some people sitting on some very nice bets on Ukraine.

Putin probably

Some lads are gonna look pretty foolish if that comes in.

You don’t know much about betting if you think lads are foolish looking for saying a 3/10 shot with the bookies won’t land.

Lads are getting tetchy here.

Uk for a top five finish. Great tune

This running order has really surprised me, Ukraine are in 12. I expected them to get buried early on and surrounded by quality to ensure as big a task as possible for them to win as I figured the organisers wouldn’t like a political winner after all their efforts over the last decade to make the competition more credible in that the best song/act has been the one winning in recent years. There’s likely one of either two reasons for this decent draw they’ve been given:

1. Either Ukraine have tanked so badly in their semi final one data (likely among the juries side of things, meaning the juries did their jobs), that they believe they are not the credible threat people expect for the win due to their jury shortfalls. Or -

2. Ukraine are so far ahead on semi one metrics that they believe the result is without question and that it is pointless giving them a challenging draw.

I’m leaning more towards the latter now being the likeliest case, while clutching at straw strings that theory one is correct. They have put Ukraine on immediately after three quality acts in Italy, Spain and Netherlands but they have an also-ran immediately after them in Germany so that helps them. I was sure Spain would go on immediately after Ukraine as this would have the biggest effect towards nobbling their vote but I am just not sure now. Maybe I’ve read the tea leaves all wrong, we’ll see on Saturday night, but my positions are made now and I’ll stay with them with much less a degree of confidence than before.

1 Like