Eurovision 2024 - Malmo Money Malmo Problems

Also Israel the cunts were the only country to give Switzerland zero points.

'Tis very funny how the pro-Israeli genocide fanatics are so desperate to copy the Irish.

Again, no astro-turf vote rigging involved here, just sincere sentiment from people worldwide that A Nation Once Again genuinely is the world’s greatest song ever.

Surely it’s a bit less convoluted than that. The Eurovision was hyper-political this year and accordingly a lot of voters voted based upon politics. It’s easier to vote for Israel than against it so it’s more notable to see a treed. If there’s been one song/artist for pro-palestian voters to coalesce around you’d expect a high score there too. It’s kinda like the opposite of the strong vote for Ukraine a couple of years ago.

Political voting in the Eurovision has been around forever. There seems to be a large amount of pearl-clutching around it this year though. Not sure why - it doesn’t really mean anything

3 Likes

If supporters of Israel truly believe that the Irish 10 points to Israel was a genuine expression of the public’s view and not the result of a concerted strategy of supporters of Israel’s genocidal war to flood the voting channels, surely the first thing they’d do would be to repudiate their claims that Ireland is an anti-Semitic society?

Yup. It’s not that hard really.

TFK “Hold my beer”

1 Like

The breakdown of jury votes for Israel is hilarious. 36 juries were eligible to vote for them.

All 36 gave them a vote, but 25 of them were for 1 point only.

Clearly there was an agreement that all countries would give Israel at least 1 point so as not to be accused of anti-Semitism by them - but there was also an obvious awareness that Israel would have its genocidal supporters flood the public voting channels and that they’d get a very high public vote.

So the 1 point from most of Europe was clear politics.

This is up there with the rachel from countdown thread.

2 Likes

Israel has been surrounded by countries that use antisemitic language and so from the river to the sea is antisemitic? Not convincing logic Tim.

Stop making up things that I’ve said.

This sentence doesn’t make any sense.

I’d agree that Oct 7 was poor timing for that post, it was insensitive. I also don’t think describing the Oct 7 attack as beautiful is appropriate, if that was her intention it was severely misguided.

Is this fella eligible to vote in COTY?

:joy: :joy: :joy:

:grinning:

https://twitter.com/mrmarksteel/status/1789624015117570357

:joy: :joy: :joy:

https://twitter.com/BriannaWu/status/1789315221359596026

Poor @TheUlteriorMotive

https://twitter.com/EylonALevy/status/1789375352659214807

It seems a bit odd for people to be getting worked up about a voting effort for Israel by pro-Israeli accounts etc.

I struggle to believe that if a similar option existed to vote for a Palestine entry then similar efforts would have been made online and the behaviour would be lauded.

Ultimately it’s all a bit weird either way - that votes in a song contest mean anything in the real world

3 Likes

Unlike Israel and Russia, Palestine isn’t committing a genocide.

Oppressed peoples of course use culture to draw attention to their plight, and why wouldn’t they.

Israel’s pathetic failed attempt to rig last night’s contest sits alongside other shameful attempts by shameful regimes to display power and impunity through the hijacking of cultural institutions, such as Nazi Germany’s 1936 Berlin Olympics, Russia’s 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics and 2018 World Cup, and Saudi Arabia’s attempts to hijack sport through its vast amounts of oil money.

That all seems a bit over-wrought to be honest. It really doesn’t matter.

1 Like

Israel demonstrably thinks it matters. But of course you know better.

According to @TheUlteriorMotive this is a fake :grinning:

It’s an attempt to pretend to be a normal country and to make believe people support them while they commit atrocities. I know it’s just the Eurovision, but he’s right it does matter.

Michael Healy Rae has a lot to answer for . He started this multi voting lark…