Eurovision 2024 - Malmo Money Malmo Problems

I think that’s a bad price . She might not qualify. She should be odds on to qualify maybe 4/7 but I think 1/4 is crazy. It’s a decent semi final. If she makes the final she hasn’t a prayer her realistic chances outright are 500/1 if you ask me but it’ll be much much lower alright .

I’m against three of the top four in the market - Switzerland are a mad price at 7/4, Croatia are 7/2 and I think Italy at 13/2 are a very bad price - I don’t get why they in particular have a song considered a contender.

The one I like of the favourites is the Netherlands who have crashed the last two weeks and are now about 9/2 and are no value now. I don’t particularly get the song but it’s pro Europe so it’s current and it’s very original, also it has all the momentum behind it and momentum is very important in this competition.

Of the others I like Ukraine who have a lovely song (will post video below of their live performance from a few days ago). If I’d to recommmed backing something at this moment in time it’d be them each way at any odds between 11/1 to 16/1. I think they’ll score well on both sides of the board but two slight concerns is firstly there’s no talk about them currently (momentum is against them a bit as they were 5/2 favs about four months ago - now that could change during Eurovision week) and secondly the Eurovision probably doesn’t want another Ukraine win so soon after the last one so they might conveniently bury or disadvantage them in the running order.

France have a song that will do very well with Juries but it’s quintessentially French and so the concern is people voting at home might not vote for it - I’ve chanced them anyway at odds around 30 as there’s a chance they’ll be near pole position when jury scores are all read out.

I’ve two others then that are massive prices and I think could generate hype in the days leading up to the final and are definite potential price collapses but unlikely to contend for the win - Finland at 310 on the exchanges while Estonia are 630.

Ukraine:

3 Likes

When are we up?

Ireland are drawn slot four of 15 in semi final one - wouldn’t be the greatest berth. Also sandwiched between two miles better songs in Lithuania and then Ukraine could make it look like the clown show that it is.

I think this from Finland is good craic could see people voting for this in big numbers, possible springer, market considers it a no hoper.

Estonia is an even bigger no hoper apparently but people should enjoy this especially if it’s on late in running order.

Is it tonight?

Hopefully Ireland get eliminated early.

2 Likes

Next Tuesday.

If this song gets anywhere, it’ll just prove that Dustin was ahead of his time

Pity, we’d have won had it been tonight

No it’s Tuesday 7th May I’d say for the semi-final as the grand final is Saturday 11th May.

1 Like

The Oirish are hated in Eurovision land.

Keeping Tubridy away from it will help us you’d feel.

The Irish ladies basketball team must feel quite hard done by.

1 Like

Bambie Thug isnt much of a thug band if they go along with this eurovision contest.

What’s this now?

They were pilloried for playing an Israeli team while the Eurovision artists seem to be above criticism for partaking in a competition with Israel.

There’s a lad on Virgin now saying boycotting Eurovision would do untold damage to Ireland relationship with Israel the only gay friendly country in the Middle East.

2 Likes

There was 100 odd people protesting about this outside RTE as I passed by this evening around 5.30

1 Like

In fairness to them they were told if they forfeited that game they would face serious sanctions including a whopping fine

This Keith Mills on the Tonight Show in his Eurovision t-shirt and suit jacket seems like an absolute oddball, I’ve just found out via Twitter that he is from Limerick unfortunately.

1 Like

“You’re not an expert on the Eurovision”
“The Olympics of music “

1 Like