Even more mayhem regarding Limerick

Fat Francis … jaysus, that takes me back.

1 Like

What was the craic with him?

He was always labouring about the city centre … Must have been over 25 stone. This was in the days when most of the country weren’t overweight… You’d regularly see him on steps taking a breather along middle/upper O’Connell st… Just a known character around the mid/late 90s into 00s.

1 Like

He looks very healthy in that photo, jaysus the poor fella was in an awful way.

1 Like

Is he still alive?

Limerick is definitely a city full of characters

Anyone ever see the fella with the 3/4 length pants sitting outside the railway hotel every day no matter what the weather all year round.

3 Likes

I remember him

That was @Thomas_Brady

1 Like

:laughing:

No, he’s long dead.

I remember his mostly from the queue to the Savoy Cinema. Every night he’d be there tapping the queue for a few bob before the 8pm show. Everybody knew him and everybody was nice to him. A little bit of chat, hand over the few bob and he’d move along the line. Word was he was hit by a bus which caused gland problems and weight gain.

2 Likes

He’d be up around the Leader office or near Eamonn Martin’s shop.

4 Likes

Poor Teddy Gray is in an awful way these days drinking cans morning, noon and night. A legend of the city.

A grim day around the county.

A bad crash at the Lantern Lodge, one lady killed and another rushed to hospital in a serious condition. Apparently the deceased had a heart attack behind the wheel and her car went into someone driving the opposite direction, head on collision.

And another fatality at the river. A poor man went in a few hours ago but his body has been recovered.

3 Likes

In Adare?

Well.it is Limerick

Yeah, on the Patrickswell side of Adare. The mini roundabout there as you head down to the Woodlands.

1 Like

The playground in Mungret Park was closed due to public health. Madness

1 Like

A Limerick man of little earnings,

1 Like

French polishing it was a dying trade.

1 Like