Even more mayhem regarding Limerick

Will likely cost millions though!

Too much tv

Heā€™s a fucking wanker. I wish heā€™d fuck off out the estuary on his little rowing boat into the wild atlanticā€¦

1 Like

Could you post the full article please? Iā€™ve reached my weekly limit!

1 Like

@Thomas_Brady or other Limerick historians.
Whatā€™s the verdict on Sean South, not a character Iā€™ve ever read much about.
Article in the leader has mixed messages, suggesting he may have been a fascist and anti semite?

Bit of a religious looper. Read somewhere he used to run around Limerick at night with a flashlight announcing himself to courting couples.

He could turn up anywhere when the shades of night came down

7 Likes

Its best not to scratch too deeply on some of those heros. Pearse sounds like he was mentally deranged altogether

1 Like

Get Behind me Satan

They werenā€™t saints. They were fighting in a war

I read somewhere that he was a phony. He took credit for others doings. I really donā€™t know

Heā€™s basically famous for being shot sure. He hardly faked that. Or did he :eyes::eyes::eyes:

2 Likes

He wrote the song himself before he died

2 Likes

Was he shot? He was probably up to no good then.

Like a lot of men from that period he was a far right Catholic nationalist. Tons of IRA men from the WOI went that way, whether they continued IRA or Free State supporters in the aftermathā€¦ Most Uber Catholics are far right and it shows how much of a grip Catholicism had on the nation.

2 Likes

Itā€™s up there now

1 Like

He wasnā€™t even from Garryowen

This is a wonderful line

1 Like

It must have been tough growing up in a subway

This is it, and the more we mature as a nation, the harder it becomes to revere this kind of stuff. The basics are, South tried to shoot up a police station and he didnā€™t really achieve anything in doing this other than getting himself shot.

He got himself a sweet ass song though.