Even more mayhem regarding Limerick

Super to see a Limerick man captaining the Irish and British Lions again.

:clap: :lion:

2 Likes

The last time I was at a British Lions match they had a Dublin lad captain and he was stretchered off. Softcock.

1 Like

I see where one of these lads has acquired the Abbeyleix Estate, formerly the home of the deVisci outfit. 1,100 acres and a 27k square foot residence all for circa €20m…
They’ll have Stripe on the Laois jerseys next year…

Limerick pride is on next week. You’d think that a month of it nationally was enough but there is too much money to be made in this and we need another week of it apparently. Its quickly turning into the equivalent of poppy fascism in the UK where if you don’t fly a rainbow flag from every pole, you are somehow homophobic.

1 Like

Limerick has a huge ratio of gay people considering the size of the place.

One thing I have recognised is that the LGBT community are front and centre in the group that promotes pride of place in Limerick,
For that reason I take it that Limerick is not a bad place to live if that’s your lifestyle.

With regard to @Bartholemew_the_Ladd i don’t think anybody would consider it homophobic to completely ignore the event, but getting riled up about it as you clearly do is possibly slightly homophobic :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Tis a great boon for St Lazerians Abbeyleix, winning a minor hurling there last year, an up and coming club in protestant heartland, they’ll get some windfall out of this as the Tipp man tries to worm him way into the locals affections.

Cant wait to bump into him in Morrisseys some day for a few sloping slow ones.

If Cathal Jackson, Tom Brennan and young Collison clubbed together ye might be able to afford to get Micko back over the footballers for another year

Cathal is up to his oxers in it with his own village, he’s no spare capital. Tom is already in the system, he just wanted to wait til Eddie fucked off to open the wallet.

1 Like

Out with the Cheddar and in with the Gruyere

We have Derek working the conveyor. We’re sorted.

Of all the places in the world (or Ireland) you could live, he chose Laois!

Twas good enough for the English, tis good enough for him.

He wants to remote into investor calls with a big fuck off kitchen island in the background.

He’s actually got a proper island on the grounds.

And as I understand, the oldest oak tree in Ireland.

Looking for some buggy friendly activities to do in the greater Limerick city area for a couple and 10 month old.

Have Bunratty folk park booked for one of the days but is there much else? Would you get a buggy around Cratloe woods easily enough?

You would , all the trails in Cratloe are good for buggies, but Curraghchase is a far far superior destination.

1 Like

Ya Curraghchase and then some ice cream at the cafe is the way to go. The child is probably a bit young for the bus slide.

1 Like

I reckon that bus was in use over our way for secondary school runs, possibly even back in my own school days

1 Like

You’d get a buggy around Cratloe but it’s just a big hill really.

Curraghchase is indeed better.

You are at nothing without a trip to the milk Market with a buggy and a dog of a Saturday.

Head out to the woodlands for an afternoon

10 months is a weird one. Not a lot you can do really.

The park in mungret has a great playground, but ye a probably a shade young for it