Even more mayhem regarding Limerick

You could pay off a fair whack off the mortgage. A house in the middle of nowhere on the main road to NCW charging €60k. Seriously. Fuck off.

If they get it more power to them

2 Likes

You’d get some money around Killarney. I’d say easily six figures.

I see places around Ballybunion and Listowel advertised. Around that area would be the sweet spot for the yanks as it’s only 50 minutes to Adare and you have Ballybunion and Waterville Golf Courses within a drive and you’ve Doonbeg and Lahinch 1 hr 30 mins away with the Ferry across to Killimer.

The Yanks coming over willing to pay that kind of money will want to play the famous Links courses, not be stuck below in Limerick City

The Yerrahs in the burger vans will nearly mug off the yanks as badly as they did @Julio_Geordio

1 Like

Yep and those American golf fans wouldn’t think much of a two hour car journey as travelling to events over there isn’t easy.

I know my taxi man in dingle does a bit off it too for golfing tours. Might play some combination of
doonbeg, lahinch, Ballybunion, Waterville and home via adare.

The crowd that own the new course in Waterville must be off the charts rich. I think each bed for the hotel was flown in from America at a crazy cost. The owners are from up state New York. Get a helicopter down from Shannon.

1 Like

You’ll have local lads with Trump hats on cheering when a yank sups a pint!

Exactly, what these yanks will have in their head is 10 days, playing likes of Waterville, Ballybunion, Doonbeg, Lahinch and taking in the Ryder Cup too. I’ve had lads say to me they’re too far from Adare to put it up for rent, completely missing the fact that the Yanks will be looking westwards to play the top courses themselves

If they’re flying in via Dublin, would they do e.g. a few nights in Dub, Guinness storehouse, Temple Bar etc, maybe Carton golf or Wicklow etc, then work their way towards Limerick? There’s feckall of note between Kildare and Limerick golf wise?

fixed

1 Like

Those lads usually come to just play golf. From what I’ve heard to get big money you’d probably want to be vacating a house for 7 days or so as BMB pointed out they won’t just fly over for the three days of the event. So renting out a house might not be as easy as it seems for a lot of people.

10 days I reckon

Ya your probably not wrong but would be tricky for a lot off people.

The next question would be how to hide the money from the tax man…

They can stay in my gaffe in Kilmallock. I’ll throw in a free tour around the Town Wall.

1 Like

Lads, a few of ye may settle down. No self respecting yank would touch a house in Ireland that doesn’t have the island in the kitchen.

2 Likes

We’ll think nothing of paying €40 for a burger from a van for that month

For €30k I can sleep in a tent for a week

A two hour journey for an American is nothing. A piece of piss to them. Paddy on the other hand would be pulling up for a piss after 40 minutes.

2 Likes

The fat yank just fires away in the nappy.

1 Like