Even more mayhem regarding Limerick

The McGarry House clientele hang around there .

Youā€™ve never been in Dā€™icon, Angel Lane or a night out in UL? Your clubbing/college days must have been in Dublin so!

The street itself outside is sloped maybe that was it. :smiley:

Think I was there two or three times during college, they would have had some fella bating a guitar in the room at the back I think. An odd layout and an odd place, more of a bar than a pub.

i was 15 and working in Bewleys on Cruises St as a summer job. There was a gas cunt in there same time, early 30s, whod have been mid-manager weā€™ll say. Lunch break, hed take me up to Charlie Chaplins and launch 2 pints into me while hed have had double that at least. Off back to work then and I half flootered.

Hed have been dipping in and out all day, up and down to Charlies. Problem with the lush but a really good guy.

The floor is sloped in the smoking area from recollection. Think thereā€™s a step in the pub

The girl behind the bar on Sunday hadnā€™t a clue about hurling and wasnā€™t aware there was even a match on, but myself and @endakenny have such a lovely way about us, we even managed to convince her to turn off the music in the background and let us listen to Brian Tyrers commentary on the speakers instead.

5 Likes

Remember Feathery Bourkes. Mayhem.

1 Like

Ā£1 a bottle

Was there anyone wanting to watch the Utd Liverpool game?

Shur there was no one at all there when we landed on - we had the run of the place after that.

Editā€¦ I remember now - they didnā€™t have Sky Sports.

A pound a bottle !!!

Charlie Chaplinā€™s is possibly the coldest pub this side of the Arctic.

1 Like

That they do. Some right dodgy looking fellas do be hanging outside it. Even though I sometimes go there at night for food, itā€™s not a place Iā€™d be hanging around for too long.

Whatā€™s the difference?

Atmosphere and drinks being consumed two indicators anyway

Bizarre carry on in Abbeyfeale tonight. @Copper_pipe do you have the videoā€™s

Just got them thereā€¦

The lad on to he balcony didnā€™t seem threatening enough to warrant that response

Was it stuffing chip related?

4 Likes