Even more mayhem regarding Limerick

Sorry, Barringtons pier

People are out protesting?

I hadnā€™t heard anything so did a search. Came up with this:

At Barringtonā€™s Pier, yes.

Usual suspect 1, EOD, is not happy that a monument paying tribute to two Concern workers from Limerick is being placed on a patch of grass that is mainly used for dogs to sniff around and shit on.

Your man that caused the uproar about the Treaty Stone and then rowed back on it the next day thinks itā€™s a great idea.

2 Likes

Hadnā€™t seen that, nice bit of passive aggressivism there from Pobs :grinning:

These characters are what makes a city.

Looks like one of them is taking a shit on the grass himself

Sheā€™s some pain in the hole. Never happy.

9 Likes

Relentless.

Thereā€™s also an issue with the railings in front of the museum on Pery Square being painted red instead of black.

Imagine complaining about that tiny bit of concrete for a monument on a bit of unkempt grass by the look of it :laughing:

Animals, no change, ever

ā€œConcrete being pouredā€, Jesus itā€™s only 3 metres wide.

I hope this new monument will be in line with the traditional Limerick aesthetic of statues that donā€™t look remotely like the people they are meant to be commemorating.

11 Likes

Twas a fine Nick Cave statue they did for Wogan

You can be sure that sheā€™s not doing this off her own back anyway, Iā€™ve seen others on twitter (of her own persuasion obviously) whinging about it as well.
I havenā€™t seen this, but Barringtons Pier is tiny, nothing to see there though so I donā€™t see a problem other than most people will never see the monument

Drom is the bakery quarter with Brudairs as well

Is this ā€œone the few green areasā€ the little pier across from the fine park and wetlands?

3 Likes

Sheā€™s a kind of political magpie. None of her ideas or opinions are original. Theyā€™re all stolen.