Even more mayhem regarding Limerick

Fishing Fail GIF by Conesulfoz

1 Like

Massively improved? They have the fucking town destroyed, the traffic is horrendous everyday now on all sides.

Itā€™s a big job, weā€™re extremely lucky with traffic in Limerick, I get caught there now regularly enough as my kids have activities in the Corbally direction a few times a week, but itā€™s still only 10 minutes or so at worst,
These things have to cause temporary inconvenience

1 Like

You are in cloud cuckoo land. It takes the bones of a half hour to get from Corbally to Punches. These works have been going on what 18 months? That is pathetically slow.

4 Likes

I donā€™t know how you live there, sounds like a deeply unpleasant place.

Cc @Little_Lord_Fauntleroyā€™s Cager Thread.

1 Like

Yeah, a half hour at worst, about ten minutes to get from Mathew bridge to the end of the roadworks

1 Like

I absolutely love Limerick, Iā€™d never live anywhere else.
Being positive is a negative for you is it?

Despite all the complaints, thatā€™s gratifying to know

I think youā€™ve a fair point, although Iā€™m now removed from the reality of it. For at least a decade, there were complaints that they needed to do something about city centre (can be argued they left that way too fucking lateā€¦ Horse has bolted etc etc). Now that theyā€™re doing it, there seems to be a lot of discontent. Is it that itā€™s taking longer than expected?

Limerick is a pretty compact city, all told. You can pretty much walk anywhere.

1 Like

Emm, Iā€™m not complaining. :man_shrugging:

Hearing all the complaints must be wearing all the same

2 Likes

I donā€™t actually know what the timeframe was for the Oā€™Connell street works, but thereā€™s a lot going on in the city at the moment, all positive and forward looking, a bit of temporary traffic while annoying is a small price to pay, it wouldnā€™t add more than 10 minutes to a journey in truth

1 Like

A lot of things annoy me about thefreekick but thatā€™s what makes it as well.
Now have you something to contribute other than to say black if I say white, maybe a comment about the 3 in a row or something

1 Like

Iā€™ve never heard anyone give out about the city centre

2 Likes

Fuckin know it all blow ins would sicken your hole.

2 Likes

Not until they started putting in bike lanes and pedestrianised streets for the sake of it recently.

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen one cyclist yet on the childers road cycle lane from the roxboro roundabout to the kilmallock road roundabout.

Maybe it will be taken up in time but at the moment its genuinely a joke.

3 Likes

The car lanes are wedged together now because of it.

5 Likes

Its borderline dangerous.