Even more mayhem regarding Limerick

unlike cars, people on bikes dont cause traffic jams on bike lanes so move much quicker

also, FYI

Cyclist hospitalised following collision on busy Limerick road - Limerick Live (limerickleader.ie)

1 Like

There is nothing whatsoever of relevance to what I wrote in your post.

Conor Murray in Irish team for Saturday anyway

And he didnā€™t even go to a private school.

Famous rugby players father

SBW?

I believe everybody without a driveway is guaranteed a single parking space directly in front or in a small number of cases a few yards from their gate, the problem is that this isnā€™t enough for many, there will be plenty of parking very nearby.
Who actually owns the road in front of your house, why are you entitled to it at all?? All the schools and kids in this area and itā€™d be lethal to use the roads for cycling,

We just took the kids up to Mary I there as live 95 wanted to record a segment hearing the voices of children on this matter, there was about 50 kids and 25 adults there and Nigel Mercier was talking to the kids, they all had their bikes etc
Anyway they kept being interrupted by elderly locals insisting on having their say, a bunch of arseholes if Iā€™m being honest, there was a stream of them, obviously organised, not willing to give an inch, same as it always was.
Anyway it looks like I jumped the gun when I said this was going ahead, the mood is very despondent among the people in favour. The NTA will take their money and spend it elsewhere

1 Like

Yes!!!

We won :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Nothing more dangerous than rich retired auld cunts

1 Like

Willie Oā€™Dea says whats the point of consulting with the locals if they all say no and you go ahead anyway. :smile:

Fuck sake. It would seem a no brainer but youā€™ve an aulder generation with power against change

Current city councillors, solicitors snd judges who refused the cycle lane on Oā€™Connell avenue are to blame. Not OAPs.

Iā€™m torn between two camps.

On one hand i wouldnā€™t like to see @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy claiming a victory

But on the other hand I know a few very difficult people in a professional capacity who live out there and Iā€™d assume are on the side against it and Iā€™d love to see them seething.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s this? I never recall hearing anything about an Oā€™Connell avenue cycleway, much of already has a cycle lane.
This came before council?

I told you this alreadyā€¦ Initially the cycle lane was to be along ballinacurra/ Oā€™Connell avenue but councillors, solicitors and judges made sure it got shifted to SCR

Have you something to back that up? As a local resident I think Iā€™d have heard about that before.

Thatā€™s a busy main thoroughfare in and out of town

You forget that i ran Limerick for a good few years. I have contacts everywhere.

Surely thereā€™s some record of it? The SCR appears to be a far more appropriate location, youā€™ve almost continuous parking on both sides of the road along Ballinacurra road and Oā€™Connell ave, if it was shot down for SCR I can see why