Even more mayhem regarding Limerick

You mean the locals that have lived there for the past few decades. Fuck the blowins weaponising their kids.

Youā€™ll have to trust me.

OK, but a proper active cycle route makes way more sense for the SCR than Oā€™Connell avenue, all they could do there is paint more of the road and put down stencils of lads on bicycles

Anything to be said for a bike lane on Edward Street?

Too narrow Iā€™d say

This isnā€™t paint on the road for tje SCR, thereā€™s 5 million pencilled in for this, the Antis want to get the money without the little sacrifice

1 Like

Lot of money alright, I wonder is a way around it turning off onto the racecourse development part in the area beyond Fennesseys and coming back out on Ashbourne Avenue and maybe going through Mary I, then back onto the lower part of South Circular. Id guess its the lads above Fennesseys would be the stickiest.

Is there anything to be said for another WhatsApp group??:grin:

@admins , any idea why @MountLeinster put a laughing face at his own inane quip?

1 Like

Sweep,sweep

Hereā€™s a decent view of the controversial section of the cycleway which will be shelved next week

1 Like

Milo shouldnā€™t be cycling on the footpath. Itā€™s illegal.

3 Likes

I know,
Milo isnā€™t mine. Report him

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy whats that hotline for ratting out people who break the rules of the road?

how can a road be hostile?

I donā€™t agree with this take btw. I think itā€™s dangerous to let a kid cycle on those paths. Itā€™s a fierce indictment of our lack of cycling infrastructure though

Look Iā€™m sure Milo is a lovely kid with a great future ahead of him. Hopefully a spell in juvenile detention wonā€™t change that.

1 Like

Well, that commute is far too dangerous for a seven year old on the road, which is the take.

In the early days of Covid it was lovely to be able to cycle everywhere with the kids, nowhere was off limits even with a six year old. Nothing will change and I think thatā€™s a pity

Iā€™m actually in favour of these dedicated cycle routes through cities, as long as they are actually used. Given Limericks grid layout Iā€™m sure it would be possible the create dedicated cycle routes parallel to the main traffic routes.