Even more mayhem regarding Limerick

The city centre is a lot nicer now than it was in the 90s and 00s

1 Like

Captain gloom strikes again.

He’s like the angel of death

1 Like

Nowhere near as vibrant though . A lot of the city is a man made eyesore . It is easy to sneer at pound shop deals etc and they are gaudy but to a lot of people these are necessary . There is also a lot of snobbery towards fast food outlets and other such retailers .

Dublin is a vibrant international centre and its main thoroughfare is an eyesore

Hard to bate Shaw’s in Waterford for the destruction of a streetscape.

5 Likes

Dublin is a nice city to walk around. Just look up

Ah jesus

Two lads living in posh parts of cork currently engaging in nostalgia for the home city . A west limerick roaster points out that the city centre is in decline and he is a doom monger . Ye are gas men

1 Like

I never said it wasn’t but O Connell street isn’t great

I like it

We know it’s in decline … that’s not the point… if we were talking about it’s decline you’d jump in 10 feet below us and start from there.

If you take away the names above the shops, the City has never looked more aesthetically pleasing than it does now, well since 1900, it looked stunning

1 Like

Old photos of it are gorgeous, cheap shops, boots and superdrug style fronts ruined it. The pavement they put down a few years back is awful too.

2 Likes

Two economic migrants here getting a bit misty eyed about the old country and your man storms in and guts us just for the sake of it.

I’d say he has alerts for when lads are having a nice conversation, that must be stopped

1 Like

It needed to be said boys . Nostalgia don’t butter parsnips

Bring back don barry

3 Likes

Penny/debenhams building was ruined. Arthur’s quay shopping centre is another abomination

People never look up.