Even more mayhem regarding Limerick

1 Like

Would there ever be anyone on crusies street at that hour of the night of a wednesday?

1 Like

A grand looking girl.

1 Like

It’s a retail street where all shops close at 6.
I’m not sure what she expects people to be doing on it?

1 Like

Sounds a bit soft alright but sometimes there in the evenings they’d be shops stocking up for the following day. Or a few lads taking a short cut to Nancy’s.

It’s sad enough alright.

There’s a new cycle lane on the bridge, I was out running this morning and I spotted one of the supposedly militant pro Limerick twitter crew (you’ll probably know the shortlist but I’m not saying) cycling over and back non stop for at least twenty minutes, wearing a go pro, I am assuming they are waiting for a motorist to do something awry so they can post it up

They’re a very annoying crowd

3 Likes

Here do you know what they are doing on SCR with this new temporary cycle lane? They’ll have to make the road one way? There’s no way they can put it up past some parts of it even if it is one way

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

If you had video’d them doing it and stuck it up somewhere it would have been a laugh.

4 Likes

It like to me like they’ve stopped cars from entering SCR via the Ballinacurra road by the flyover by putting up temporary barriers, everything carried on as normal otherwise, means less traffic on the left up to Fennesys I suppose, not much of a hindrance to the residents who can nip up Lifford Avenue, happy enough with that

I just saw it there. Bit fucking pointless if you ask me. It’s one way for what about 30m until you get to the first estate? Then 30m after that’s it’s down to one way anyway as the cars have it all blocked. And then it’s two lanes again even busier than before because you are sending all the cars the same way.
There’s an easier fix and it’s just stopping cars parking on the road.
Anyway, won’t effect my life massively one way or another. Especially at the minute

That’s a rat run for anybody going from Dooradoyle to the Northside, it’ll take a lot of traffic off the road, it’s not ideal but there’s something there and it can be removed in a flash

Right job would be a road around the back of the estates there down to the roundabout at the oil container yokes, and close that road to through traffic altogether.
I also have an alternative proposal where you leave it as is but block people going straight at lifford gardens from either side. Make people turn right if coming from raheen side or left if coming from town side down lifford gardens. So you’d have no business going down the road unless you needed to go down it.

Either way you could then take the cycle lane off Ballinacurra and put it down SCR. That road is too busy for a cycle lane IMO.

Emmetts bursting the woke cycle crews bubble

We won’t mention the fact that probably 70% of those units are vacant anyways due to reasons outside of Covid.

Was there not a cycle lane there already? I think those bollards should be along every cycle lane to be fair.

I was talking to someone in the property rental game today and they said demand is through the roof in Limerick, worse than ever. City centre apartments are the future. Get the people back in the city and the bars, restaurants and shops will follow

Did you hear about the crowd building ships with very tall masts? Sails were through the roof.

Thank you. I’m here all week

1 Like

Twas definitely a Limerick man you were talking to anyways.

Our very own Detroit