Even more mayhem regarding Limerick

Lol

Would be peak bants here if he was appointed to the Senate by the Taoiseach

Would he be better off as local councilor etc instead ? As in that appears to be where he was seen as effective ? What’s next on the career journey I wonder …

Was he seen as effective? He fucked off to Australia?

The Seanad is some place. Yer wan Maria Byrne (zero farming connections afaik) lost her seat on the agricultural panel to a poet :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

The Micks voted to keep it

It needed reforming not scraping

That is a great word

True. Was a recruitment agent over there in the middle of their boom.

Passed an auld surname on a gate earlier “Bovenizer”, which reminded me of the Palatines. An interesting story alright, when you still see the surnames around the area such as Teskey, Bovenizer, Volkes, Sparling and Ruttle, or is it Ruddel back in West Limk, not sure if the name is a variation of Ruttle.
Funny that they were essentially planters, or planted on the landlord’s land, but not sure if they would have been considered “loyalists” or “unionists” as we understand that crowd up the country.

Palatine house up in Glenosheen.

Have you ever been to the museum ?

Nope. In Rathkeale is it?

Somewhere back that way. I’ve never been there.

It’s the old railway station I’d say, at the very start of the West Limerick Greenway, you could cycle to Kerry and back at your leisure afterwards

1 Like

They are building a cycle way around fenit bay shortly, might even have started, I think it will eventually connect with that

I think they have major issues with the farmers on the Kerry border, that’s why it wasn’t extended previously.

1 Like

Quare cunts back around Abbeyfeale /Duagh fucking it up.

The stretch of Greenway between NCW and Abbeyfeale is absolutely beautiful, down by Ardagh too

The richest farmers around no doubt!

A cousin of my mother’s was very involved in getting the GST off the ground. I’ve been meaning to visit it at some stage

1 Like