Even more mayhem regarding Limerick

:rofl: :clap:t2:

4 Likes

All the the auld lads are hiding under the bed. Few would sign up to go face to face with carloads of superspreading childers

Just learning about this event at Limerick racecourse over the weekend which cost €38. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Has Joe Duffy picked up on this yet? It would have potential to be the greatest liveline show in broadcast history.

Another victim of cancel culture.

They’re lucky their cars weren’t robbed.

1 Like

The only thing the organisers seem to have done right is keep their identity secret.

1 Like

Quick, delete delete :grinning:

1 Like

Mayoral Election in late 2021.

Paulie would make a fine candidate you’d feel?

Would be a few rungs below Paulies pay grade

I listened to this this morning, a short story by Kevin Barry read by Kevin Barry

Nothing much happens as is sometimes the case with Barry but for people of a certain generation who remember a pirate radio character called John the Man it’s probably interesting

Spoken Stories: Independence (rte.ie)

3 Likes

I added it to my playlist last night. You don’t seem overly enthused?

“The man’ is from before my time in Limerick, I never felt like giving up on it but I’m a big fan of Kevin Barry

As I say nothing much happens but if you’re familiar with the characters and time I’d say it’s a nostalgic 20 minutes

I was a pup when John was on… The mother had him on every morning. My only real memory of him was singing ‘you have to go, you have to go’ … When we were returning to school after summer holidays. And this song… He played it a lot.

1 Like

Will give that a listen.

Sample of the real thing here: http://pirate.ie/archive/full-recording-raidio-luimni-limerick/

Enjoyed that. If you remember John the Man you would appreciate it. Probably not so much if you never heard of him

See there’s a big deal on the News about a road out of Moyross

The long pavement?

Greens are blocking the northern ring road. Prominsed as part of regeneration and was put on long finger due to the crash. Much needed for moyross and traffic between corbally and coonagh

1 Like