❗ Official TFK Improvements Thread

I’m not sure where I’m going with this but at the Pendulum Summit the other week, we were instructed as business leaders to engage more with our audiences through as many touchpoints as possible. So I’ll follow up with phone calls to each and every one of you. But for now, this topic is a place for you to make suggestions about the future of TFK.

• What could we add to the site?
  • Would a shiny new app be worth the ridiculous amount of time it would take to develop?
  • Do the big long threads annoy you or do you hate when people start new topics for little things?
  • Is it too much of a laissez faire moderation style or is that what keeps you coming back?
  • Why do we have few people posting so frequently (our posts to members ratio is off the fucking charts when you compare it to most other sites, which means we’re very unwelcoming but also we’ve an awful lot to say for ourselves)?
  • etc.

I’m not prepared to tolerate smart alec(k)ery or tomfoolery on this topic so any disingenuous comments or suggestions will be removed.

3 Likes

@Rocko ,

I implore you, I beg you - all I ask is the return of the ignore function.

You made it happen before, you can do it again.

Please.

9 Likes

Hardly a need for an app is there? Never had an issue with the site on the phone

3 Likes

The ignore function would go a long way to improving the site experience for most.

Do we really want to be more welcoming. It might dilute the lure cuntish charm of the place.

Wouldn’t bother with an app, and thanks for keeping the show on the road!

3 Likes

Pussy

1 Like

Yeah I think this will be a popular one.

It’s not easy. At all. But I will explore it again.

I do think we could be more hands on with how stuff is moderated in the meantime though. Don’t want to be deleting stuff but circular repetitive arguments on multiple topics could be siphoned off to particular areas of the site to “improve the quality of the conversation.”

3 Likes

+1

1 Like

+1

Don’t bother your hole with an App.

3 Likes

No need.

It would just be a web app, repackaged for mobiles. The only real advantage it would offer would be push notifications. That’s possible for Android without an app but for iOS it would require an app. Do people really want push notifications from TFK though? I’d like to think so but probably not.

The site is built on repetitive arguments mate

Allow thread starters to limit participation in threads if it turns into another keV/nembo fight

@Rocko
thanks for the site , seriously
just to put a bit of perspective on this , since the show was put on the road c.2006 how many legal issues have you had in terms of solicitors letters , etc?
has it ever got to a situation where you wondered is it worth the hassle?
are you actually insane?

2 Likes

No it isnt

3 Likes

I also don’t think an app is worth wasting your time over. The one thing 95% of the forum could agree with is an ignore function, except 5% who will end up redundant with no-one replying to them.

10 Likes

This isn’t currently technically possible and is apparently more work than it would appear but that’s something I might be looking into. Or at least having categories that can be controlled. Like the equine crowd should probably be allowed to self police their topics.

2 Likes

:disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

back in 2010 my parents house received a phone call at midnight one night , my mam said to me it was someone from TEK looking for me and my dad apparently thought it was someone from TEK United a LSL side … i just played along…
shit was serious then,

11 Likes

Sorry about that, I was a different person back then

1 Like

+1

Obvious trolling ruins loads of threads and drags plenty posters (who are otherwise genuine) into responding in kind

2 Likes