Faldo's DIY General thread

Not an expert but I’d turn off the main power switch altogether

But you said above that it wasn’t an electric shower.

Post up the make and model number please. We might be able to help then.

1 Like

It doesn’t heat the water itself

Still needs electricity to run

Have you a mother-in-law?

3 Likes

:joy::joy:

Again I doubt it due to it working fine sometimes. If there was one, once it worked properly it should have blown all the air out but anything is possible

1 Like

its a pumped shower hes. Still requires electricity in order to pressurise the water but doesn’t heat the water

1 Like

You need to check the filters on the hot and cold inlet pipes. Report back then.

1 Like

There surely a filter at the bottom of the unit.A coin will twist it out

So it’s electric so? The solenoid. It’s always the solenoid in electric

1 Like

Anyone got advice on fixing bathroom floor tiles that have become loose?

Was going to get the little tub of Unibond ready mix grout and put as much of it as possible under and around the loose tile before cleaning up.

I’m next to useless at these thing and will most likely fuck it up anyhow.

What is underneath the tile? Chipboard or floor boards.

Tec 7,bit of grout

3 Likes

If by loose you mean you can lift it out, remove as much mortar from the hole as you can without interfering with neighbouring tiles. Leave the back of the tile itself alone. Too risky to chance cleaning it back.

Fire in the slop, wet the back of yon tile and add more slop until you’re happy your seated right… should be handy.

1 Like

Any update @gilgamboa

1 Like

Need to add screws to the floor and reduce the movement before you put it back

A good skill test is to remove the tile cement from the tile with an small grinder.

I’m in agreement with the 1st part but given the circumstances d’ya think part 2 is a runner?
Experience is usually gained by making a balls of things first but what if there isn’t a spare tile.

I like to watch the world burn

2 Likes

You haven’t given us enough information, upstairs or downstairs is important? If it’s upstairs it will have been fitted onto plywood, you’ll need a flexible adhesive there and possibly throw a screw or two into the wood to prevent further movement,
You’ll need adhesive and grout, removing the old adhesive will be a near impossible job so it’s unlikely you’ll make it perfectly flush,
Best thing is to call into a tile shop, they’ll sort you out with a little bit of stuff from broken bags and will give you decent advice,

3 Likes

Alternatively, sell/burn the house and buy something properly tiled. Cowboys Ted…