Faldo's DIY General thread

That’s where the mains comes in for 90% of houses.

2 Likes

Exactly.

2 Likes

Explain that one to your wife when you fuck away €500 on an under-sink filter.

1 Like

I don’t need to as we have one there already, you clownshoe.

1 Like

Is that just for the sink or the whole house? You clownshoe x2.

The whole house. What part of “90% of houses have the mains supply routed in through the kitchen sink” do you not understand?

I bet you can’t even guess why that is standard.

4 Likes

It’s a mud hut. Notoriously hard to plumb

2 Likes

Thanks for the input.

Just to be clear. I don’t need to explain myself to the wife

1 Like

I was talking to the local plumber last night. He says that most urban housed have their main water supply from the front, most kitchen sinks are at the back, so 99% would T-off the upstairs supply (or other) before it reaches the kitchen sink. You just need a stop valve on the main supply. He said the odd rural house with it’s own well would T-off at the kitchen sink at the back of the house.

Using abusive language, looking for some cheap likes (which you got) doesn’t make you right.

2 Likes

Any new build we’ve done in the past few years have these systems set up in the garage on the mains before it reaches the house

Water tank in the garage is the only job. No pump, no tank in the attic. Water softener out there.

And a big island in the kitchen.

2 Likes

It’s hard to get sizes for these water softeners. I couldn’t see a unit fitting under a kitchen sink could service a whole house. Could it?

Yes.

Where do you keep the bleach and fairy liquid then?

I wouldnt be keeping bleach in a low down press anyway with kids around.

2 Likes

Lads the tenant is complaining about a ‘metallic’ smell. She says it might be to do with the radiator in the bedroom…but might not. I couldn’t smell it and her fella can’t either but it’s driving her mad apparently.
If water had got in behind a bath (once off not repeated) is there anyway possible it could lead to mould that would smell… through the wall in a different room.

I look forward to the ridicule.

Is it possible she has cancer?

If it’s only in that room you’d have to looking at lack of ventilation and/or a smelly carpet.

2 Likes

Where is the house located, Chernobyl?

6 Likes

A small bit of internet research tells me that she has the virus. Yes seriously…

1 Like