Faldo's DIY General thread

I’m clever enough to know my own stupidity. I’ll wait for a fella who knows what he is at

1 Like

I’ve checked the late news, no reports of a house explosion in Cork yet. All good so.

1 Like

Do you have a thermostat on the wall somewhere downstairs? If so it might be set too high for the heat to come on downstairs. Try turning it down if so. Apologies if this has been suggested already.

Will cunts that no nothing about electricity or plumbing (unless it’s a fucking tap) stop asking about it as it’s more than DIY

6 Likes

I would never do anything electrical wise.Its so dangerous.

1 Like

Good man

1 Like

do you want to set up a plumbing or sparks thread so you cranky aul bollix

2 Likes

I think you have that backwards kid.

Where is the exact cutoff point? I wasn’t aware there was one.

What’s the going rate for a tiler these days?

Up to €20 per m2. You’ll have lads asking more but I’d blow them out. A word of mouth reference is very valuable here as, unlike paint, tiling is a fixed feature.
Your builder will help here, he’ll have a few trusted contacts but bí cúramach.
There’s cowboys out there Ted.

1 Like

No mate, I’m talking about a gauge that measures the temperature of the downstairs air (thermostat may have been the wrong word). The lower you set the temperature the quicker the heat will kick in

1 Like

Something like this idea except without the fan part. I’ll post a photo of the one in my gaff later

Like so

Turn it down there so to about 5 and see what happens.

Very helpful. Good lad.

Update:

Fella had a look at the issue this morning that is an expert in such things. He said the mechanised/motorised valve is gone. @Faldo Needs replacing. He did some magic to bypass this while he sources a valve so we have heating. He also said we need a new pressure vessel so he’ll do that Monday as well.

2 Likes

“did some magic”…the true touch of the expert. This lad will prove a Godsend. Don’t quibble over the bobs and in the long term you’re on a winner.

3 Likes

He charged me fuck all today as he goes off on a vessel hunt. I suspect that will change on Monday, but as he is a friend of the family I very much doubt I’ll be gouged

1 Like

Gave it a tap with the back of the screwdriver like I said above. Best get it replaced anyway. It’ll only stick again.

1 Like