Faldo's DIY General thread

Hydraulic pump?

1 Like

Not too bad on those. I’d imagine your back feeding as we type.

A few hours labour alright but back in action. :clap:

3 Likes

Down n dirty :+1:

Seal or hose? A good sense of achievement when she builds up and holds afterwards.

:clap:

Full Hydrolic pump replacement. The gear had sheared off the shaft… Write off. Just lucky it didn’t bomb out in the middle of the main road.

:sob:

Sickner. At least when it was that bad a lot of your decisions were straightforward :rofl:

Doty know what’s a shitty enough job, cleaning windows,
Done the whole house in and outside today including skylights, I was well fed up after a few but had to keep going.
I quite like painting @Corksfinedtboy and I’m a dab hand at tiling and laying floors, and wallpapering as well
But I fucking hate cleaning windows

1 Like

Gents,

Talk wooden stairs to me. What are the best options here? Stain or carpet I assume are the main ways to go? Anything else a runner here?

Assume carpet is the preferred option as it would lessen the noise when people go up and down them but staining or painting would be lower maintenance and cheaper option.

1 Like

You could do a carpet runner and paint/stain the exposed part of the step.

2 Likes

Carpet

1 Like

With kids in the house I’d recommend carpet . If you want timber in future you could just cover it till the smallie is a few years old.

2 Likes

Runners

I’d personally gloss the lot, put a runner in, nice brass yokes at the sides, steer clear of the whole lot being glossed not a mind the noise, it’d be a death trap for the smallies
(slippy when wet) and the biggies after Beamish

No one is putting in stairs these days.

Some kind of wall climbing / obstacle course netting all the way now.

6 Likes

Was away for a few of the colder nights over Xmas and left the heat off. Came back to find three or for of the biggish floor tiles in the kitchen cracked and lifted up off ground. Looked like a very mini earthquake. Ground under the tiles is completely intact. Any ideas what could have caused it? Can I just retile the area or could there be a deeper issue?

1 Like

Any water leak?

None that I can see. The cracked tiles were a tile or two away from the front of the dishwasher. This has stumped my DIY brainstrust :man_shrugging:

My limited knowledge suggests a raised floor is a leak somewhere.

You mean up from under the tiles or down on top of them?