Faldo's DIY General thread

You cant put down cracked tiles, that’d be dangerous.
I think I can actually remember that tile, it used to be fierce popular about 20 years ago, I’m trying to think of the name but it’s escaping me.

Pretty sure I had that tile down before I renovated.

1 Like

Have you any left?

I’ve a box in the shed. €100.

€100 each obviously

When they lifted what was there and retiled, they may not have done a proper job of laying fresh scree to give it an even surface. Can leave gaps that leads to cracks in the tiles.

I’m not shitting you when I say may have those tiles! I’ll look tomorrow but they’re what I took up recently and think there were spares in garage.

Will.let you know tomorrow and if there and you want them, they’re yours.

That’s a closer look at them :pray:

Dimensions? Looks very different in this photo from first one

33x33
It’s starting to annoy me now thinking of the name

45cm x 45

Colour obv looks a bit different in real life but that’s best I can do in the artificial light.

Fuck me chief, I’d rip them up ta fuck out of that and get a lad in to lay some new tiles. I couldn’t look at them the way they are laid

2 Likes

Is it a case of taking the rest up now really?

I’ve never heard of tiles to do what they did on him.

That’s what I’d be looking at if I had the money but it’s not cheap, it’s gonna look kinda shitty

The way it’s described is very strange, obviously I’ve seen tiles rise oatmeal crack but never so dramatically over a few days

How much would I be looking at to get the whole lot retiled? It’s around 5m x 4m

Probably 1200 absolute minimum, up to 2 grand unless you really want to splash out

Unless you can do it yourself, pick up a job lot and broken bags, 3 or 4 hundred

€100 A square metre?

That sounds very expensive.

I nearly keeled over when I got a quote to re tile the kitchen… Savage pricey

1 Like

Cost me 2k when we got the new kitchen there last year

1 Like