Faldo's DIY General thread

Water frozen

DIY? Not rocket science

1 Like

Not much underneath holding them down

At the upper end that’s not crazy,

Feckin hell

I’ve a lad coming to do an ensuite for me at the end of the month,2.2x1.5m.Hes doin the floor too.€600.That’s only to tile,I’ve to prep the room for him.

I paid 1200 to get kitchen, hallway and utility tiled few weeks before xmas. I took up all the ild tiles and skirting that was there and a tribe of Romanians laid the new tiles, knocked it all out one Saturday, early to late.

Tiles themselves were the most expensive part at 2200

Going off my own recent experience. Anywhere from around €20 to €25 a square metre for a tiler.

Add around roughly €20 a sq metre for run of the mill tiles and then another €250 for adhesive and grout.

1 Like

It is to me sham

The fella in the tile shop told me allow the same for the tiler as the cost of the tiles… I didn’t believe him… But he was right

1 Like

75 more realistic

I’d be having a good look for subsidence before you do anything. Take off your kick boards and have a good look around where the wall meets the floor. Checking for leaks also obviously. Have a good look outside also. Have a builder look at it. We’ve had a lot of rain recently before the frosts.

No point putting down tiles until you get it fully checked out. That just doesn’t happen for no reason.

2 Likes

The boys laying them for me were recommended and had done a few homes and shops around my way. They were a clear grand cheaper than another quote from Irish guy which I was wary about and said they’d get done in a day what your man was saying would take him 4 days with 2 other guys.

Was very happy with the Bucharest boyos. Started with 3 fellas about 8am and by 630 there was 7 or 8 of them finishing it out. They were getting the job done and done properly in the one day. They cut the tile and replaced what was the woods skirting with tile too.

2 Likes
1 Like

Fuck. Lot of theories in the replies. What do you think?

Unreal, in the wrong job

1 Like

Sell the house while you can.

I’d have thought it’s a leak but without seeing it up close I don’t know really,are there any pipes under that particular area?

Good tilers are scarce enough.

1 Like