Faldo's DIY General thread

Did he not have an oul scrub before the suit went back on​:roll_eyes::joy:

Will a lad laying floor upstairs in bedrooms require the room to be cleared of beds etc or will he do that himself

All depends on the guy doing it. It should be clear for a work man to come in and doing the jib

3 Likes

Save yourself money by clearing it yourselves, otherwise you’ll have him upsetting the status Quo for an extra hour or so

Was Geoffrey Japanese?

1 Like

Is that a genuine question?

5 Likes

I had a crowd submit a labour price for herringbone finish of a semi solid board for €80+ per m2. Cunts trying to gouge once any bit of changes made to the original price.

1 Like

I should’ve qualified those rates + VAT @ 13.5%. I’m sure you paid it :rofl:

You must have an enormous floor area? Herringbone usually for those little solid floor boards
Not sure even @ironmoth would fancy that job

Yeah the vat thing is something that catches out “lay” people a lot.

That job had no design team supervision on it and in the usual manner, client came to me after works done trying to see why it had gone up so much. Found 20k of “errors” in their final account before even looking at rates. Some cunts out there would try anything if they thought they’d a sniff of getting away with it

1 Like

Wasn’t my house, clients project. Reasonably big area alright, the stereotypical redesign for having an open plan area extension with a gigantic island

2 Likes

Ffs only employ word of mouth recommended ppl

Worst thing is they were recommended by the Architect firm. But that is now done too, one of the architects working on another project with them rang me to warn me about “the absolute shower of bastard cunts”. Considering this guy is Polish, his grasp on the local dialect was quite accurate!

4 Likes

Probably not :rofl: I’ve done click herringbone, but not hardwood.

As long as the first row is done right, I reckon the rest would be reasonably ok. A flooring stapler would make it more straightforward if you could get your hands on one.

1 Like

You couldn’t pay a lad enough money to put down a herringbone floor. They are all back in again now. I dod two full downstairs of 2 houses we built a year ago… Miss that kind of work. It’s satisfying

13 Likes

Bastards

We used buy that stuff but much thicker, solid oak in Romania :romania: for sweet FA in the early/mid 90s

2 Likes

When I knock on the tiles there are loads of them that sound hollow.

Ounce of semtex is your man

1 Like

I’ve never had to knock on tiles
But I know someone who has
Which makes me wonder if I could
It makes me wonder if
I’ve never had to knock on tiles
And I’m glad I haven’t yet
Because I’m sure it isn’t good
That’s the impression that I get