Faldo's DIY General thread

I bet he’s a top bloke like his Dad.

He’s a horrible little fucker mate, unlike his Dad. I spend most of my time trying to stop his mother killing him.
But he’s a very, very good footballer. Problem is, he knows it.

1 Like

18 euro per sq metre for a tiler. Got two bathrooms done before the Christmas; a dirty cunt of a job to tidy up after

1 Like

What dya mean, you shouldn’t have to clean up after a tiler?

1 Like

That’s easier said than done mate, whiskey does awful things to me

Dust all over the shop, scrape up the loose grout and silicone off the walls and floors. We had to store the tiles upstairs in adjacent rooms to where they were tiling so they were moving around the place a good bit

Was supposed to get bathrooms renovated end of month. On hold now til lockdown over. Pity the fuckers whose bathrooms were ripped out Tuesday.

1 Like

You used to be cool, you’ve turned into a real negative nelly

I’ve never been more at peace. Reformer pilates, vinyl and books have changed my brain waves to a gentle lapping.

1 Like

Any way I’d be covered under home insurance for this lads?

Yeah. Call a loss assessor. Report to insurance company

I would doubt it but ya never know… Would you put a solid timber floor down instead…

What would I need to say happened for it to be covered would ye say TUM?
I’m looking into options of what I could do faldo. Got a quote of 2k to replace the whole floor with tiles all in.
Turns out they seem to be just losing connection with the adhesive beneath. Around 25 to 40pc of thrm are hollow when you knock on them.

Have you under floor heating?

I do in my bollox

1 Like

I don’t even have an island ffs

3 Likes

That not living at all

1 Like

Rip them out to fuck.

I know that can cause tiles to lift. If the wrong bonding is used.

Right for the insurance you’ll need to drop something on it. Do you need anything else? Maybe you could drop the dryer on it or something and kill two birds. Say you were moving it to somewhere else in the house

A release of water causing it would cover it.

1 Like