Faldo's DIY General thread

Ripped road surface? Explain how that would work?

These are always a tricky cunt of a thing

I’ve said too much

It’s basically second hand tarmac. When existing roads or surfaces are taken up, they can be used for temporary type jobs or the likes of yours for filling a lane. It’s cheap and can be as effective.

2 Likes

Excuse my ignorance, but how would it be put down?? I’m presuming this is taken up in huge chunks, so would it need to be melted back down or what the fuck? Or are we just talking about filling the potholes in with chunks of this stuff?

Yeah it comes up in chunks but is easily enough to break apart with machinery. A digger will throw it out relatively easily if its dumped by a 20t lorry and it would give a decent lay when scraped and you’d need a roller or large plate compactor of some sort then. You can hire out compactor handy enough for about €30 for a day. They would mainly be used for paths or aside a large roller for edges and the likes, but again, for your own purposes, it would be a cheap option. Your arms will be broke up after it too.

Again, a best permanent solution is a clause 804 compacted base and 80mm tarmac, but that is going to be the most expensive option

Concrete it ta fuck

1 Like

An awful waste of money,it’s not even his driveway. Either use the used tarmac or get a load of chipndust and compact the shit out of it,it’s like concrete after a while.

I would if it was mine

You need to heat it in a pot on the stove to soften it and then bate it flat with a lump hammer and a solid bit of flat board once you’ve transferred it to where you want it.

3 Likes

Thanks mate, I always knew you were the ‘tarmacadam laying type’ at heart

3 Likes

Will I put a lock on that shed for you, sur?

1 Like

New project started🙈

3 Likes

Is it one of these?
belfry02

2 Likes

Is that the initial drawing for @iron_mike garden bench?

No, it’s his latest attempt to get in through the bedroom window

I designed that for my curtain twitching. I can see every fucker from anywhere

4 Likes

Whitewashing…in the lime, painting walls sense. What are the factors to consider…time of year, suitability for plaster, algae on the walls etc?

I think there’s two different types of lime. You need to get the right one. I forget what they’re called.