Faldo's DIY General thread

Sorted.

Been a long night.

Got the attic tanks refilled round 2. Up again at 6 to drop a ccha junior to the train for leopardstown today and figured out the causes at that stage.

A toilet cistern lid misfitted which led to a continuous small flow. That emptied the tanks as the junior told me the water was off while they had worked from home. Major road works in the area this week.

1 Like

Fuck
Feel your pain boy
I flooded my gaff in Derry once🙄

Could be a Long Weekend.

IMG_5294

2 Likes

Got that wrong.
It’s The Lost Werkend.

Yer man used hide the drink in the cistern.

1 Like

My late bro in law used do it the bollox
I was his foreman
Caused me ructions,
Came out if the H blocks after 12 years and was never right

1 Like

Lads, the dishwasher is gone. Dead as a dodo. The sliding scale on price is massive! Anything from 400 to over a grand and a half depending on spec and energy rating. Its mental. Anyone know about the energy ratings and how efficient they are? Basically, whats my sweetspot between price and electrical efficiency?

Anyone got any particularly strong opinions on electrical brands? Beko? Whirlpool? Zanussi ? Samsung? Miele? Cc @FatChops and anyone else?

I got a beko and have had to.learn how to fix the cunting thing myself as call outs were hitting the pocket. Some sensor gets wet occasionally and machine won’t operate. Have to take it apart a bit to get at and dry the cunting thing.

Ergo, fuck Beko, fuck it right off

1 Like

Ta for that. It seems bosch and miele are the best. Miele seem to be for lads with money falling out of their pockets.
Next question lads. Should i pony up to have a ‘man’ come and fit the thing including putting back on the press thing? Or should i ruin a ssunday afternoon doing it?

I have / had a Beko one for 9 years. Worked away fine up until this week. Now it goes on to its cycle but no water comes in and nothing happens.
Think I’ll get a new one this weekend .

Bosch and Siemens have a good rep. If there’s one fitted already you’d want to be a special kind of Tipperary not to see how to bung the new one in in place of it.

Usually the boys delivering will whip the old one away, you could plámás them to do it for you, pretend you’re injured or something equally self-degrading.

4 Likes

You won’t go wrong with Bosch. I have one 12 years never a days trouble. I have a Miele steamer and microwave nearly 20 years. Again no trouble. Generally you get what you pay for.

4 Likes

Mary Harney used to do that in the Department of Health.

A key point in all of this is,pay the few bob extra for German quality and youre away on a hack.
Actually amazed people dont recognise this.

1 Like

Bosch and Siemens are the same thing and are the way to go for a dishwasher

Beko is Turkish as far as I know. I wouldn’t leave it near the house.

Bosch is the way to go.

As ive said,Im a big German fan when it comes appliances but a quick question-Whats your opinion on the SMEG brand?

Are the outrageous prices justified?
I saw a Coffee maker the other day for near on €300 when all around it ranged between 75-200.

Design over function

1 Like

Youre smart.