Faldo's DIY General thread

siemens. 16 years flat out and haven’t spent a bob on it.

SMEG are for cunts.

1 Like

Depends if it’s integrated or a regular one If that’s regular you’d fit it yourself

1 Like

Avoid Whirlpool. I have a Whirlpool Dishwasher and an Indesit (same company) tumble dryer and both have had poor issues with build quality despite only being 6 years old.

Have a Bosch washing machine that would withstand a nuclear war.

1 Like

The drain to the grease trap was was clogged this evening. After job done unblocking, the last of the rods got stuck in the drain pipes. Is there any way of flushing it out or retrieving it?

By God!

1 Like

There’s no grease trap in my house and I asked a fella about installing one. He said don’t bother your hole more hassle than help

1 Like

Smeg cunts

I’d agree there. I keep it fairly but there’s a U Turn at the trap end that gets clogged with dishwasher and washing machine detergent residue so needs a good clean out every year or so.

That would be something like that alright, but would need it longer and flexible it’s an underground pipe going from a junction box. I think I’ve found something that will do the trick though

I LoLed at this

Right first off i got a stud finder in aldi that doesnt work.

Secondly ive holes drilled into plasterboard now. I found these wall plugs on screwfix, does anyone know if these would be suitable to hold a 32" tv?

I’d normally say no but is there a weight that they suggest on that pack and does your TV fit into that weight?

In reality you’d probably be grand but will you risk it

Yeah not something you want to risk falling from height

Id prefer to go with a toggle bolt myself, winged ones maybe.

Not a bad shout. I measured the tv weight with bracket. 6kg would 2 hold that? Its a 15mm board.

1 Like

The TV is only 6kg? I’d say your rawlplugs will be the finest

1 Like

Very light tv as trackie says so either should do the job.

Anyone have experience with LED strip systems? I have looking at Philips hue led strips but they seem to be only linear options with separate power plug connections

I am looking to have multiple strips that can feedback to a single power module and driver. Multicolour options a plus but something that can be operated and controlled over wifi by a smart phone.

Thinking of building a media wall and LED strips seem a lot tidyer than doing traditional spot lights over shelves

This one.

2 Likes