Faldo's DIY General thread

Miele for me ref hoovers is tops

1 Like

This seems like it should be easy but can’t figure it out. How do I get the bulb out of this sort of light?

The white cover comes off. There’s tabs on it that needs to be opened. Have you a mother-in-law handy?

2 Likes

Thanks. How do I open those tabs?

1 Like

That’s looks like one of those complete units with the bulb built in … I have the same in my kitchen …
I’m 95% sure you need to buy the whole thing

1 Like

Ah jaysus

Looks like a re-labelled product. I can’t find it.

If you can’t clip off the white cover you can normally screw the bulb out with a sticky rubber glove. Give it a little push up first and then a small turn anti-clockwise. It should fall out.

You’ll need to get exactly the same bulb. Same voltage, same wattage. Go into a light shop rather than somewhere like Woodies.

1 Like

Thanks.

Yeah looks like a rebrand of something else alright.

It was more of a shade of white problem and was going to put in a smart bulb so probably not worth the hassle of changing them so. Seems like a crap trend/development to move towards these more all in one lights.

I’ve never seen a smart spot-light bulb, but if they are available, make sure it’s dimmable if it’s on a dimmer switch, as that lamp is dimmable.

Is it not a GU10 type bulb?

Yeah it says dimmable on the unit but the switch is just a normal light switch so can’t dim them anyway

GU10 is only the frame size.
It doesn’t relate to voltage or wattage.

1 Like

I can rotate the bulb with rubber gloves but it doesn’t drop out so I’m thinking it’s just bigger than the white plastic cover.

Have you tried these?

6 Likes

Clip off the cover so with a flat head screwdriver at the lugs.

Oops

If thats an LED spotlight there is probably a metal spring taught clip that would be around the bulb as you looked up at it from the floor. If you unclipped that then pressed the bulb up and anticlockwise with your hand or rubber glove it pops out.

Ok I think this is too complicated for me.

I thought I was taking out a bulb to put another one in. The bulb seemed to be just a bit of glass attached by a magnet(?) to the electric thing. It wasn’t a GU10 or anything I’ve seen before. Unless I just broke it in half or something.

If its a run of the mill spot you didnt need to pull the casing down at all from the ceiling can be done when its flush in the ceiling. I cant tell from the photo and looks like its smashed now but do you see a metal clip anywhere around the bulb from the underside. Theyre akward enough at times tbf.

I don’t know what a run of the mill spot is to be honest. I thought they were all those gu10 type things.

There didn’t seem to be a clip at all just a magnet.

Is it smashed? It still works. I’m hugely confused