Faldo's DIY General thread

Ah lovely,your favourite

1 Like

:blush: great workout ( Popeye arms)

1 Like

Spread two ton of stones on the driveway there since 9 o clock this morning with a shovel a rake and a wheelbarrow. I’m absolutely bollixed now but it looks great.

12 Likes

Hard going

1 Like

Handling the gravel is tough on the gut.

I’ve a tow-behind rake on the ride-on that makes a lovely job of the driveway. I give it a spruce up every few weeks, keeps it fresh looking and presents a great opportunity to get the chloras into the weeds at source.

I’d feel sorry for lads with tarmac to be perfectly honest.

4 Likes

I enjoyed it truth be told but I’m fucked now.

guess you were topping up the existing gravel?

1 Like

There was very little of it left

2 Likes

A job I must do myself :face_with_peeking_eye: Roughly what area would 2 tonne cover? What size stone was it?

Not a great chore for a fella with a stomach hernia alright

1 Like

Depends if you are doing it fresh or not.
Are you putting down gravel or decorative stone?

I got a lorry load for the front.
Did a bit at the back and 1 ton decorative sandstone type stuff covered about 4m x 10m, but twas a little light, 1 tonne would have been plenty for 4 x 8

There’s a crowd living down the road from me got a job done recently, a kind of sand coloured gravel tipped onto sand and pressed into it. It sticks there, somehow. They’re cunts so I won’t ask them anything about it or compliment it, but it looks class.

Dunno how long it will last or what it costs. Or what it’s called, even!

They’re surely blowing about it on Facebook or Instagram if it looks that good.Check they’re pages as they surely gave whoever done the job a mention

1 Like

14 mm

1 Like

Sounds like a resin bound driveway; you’d be looking at a similar outlay as tarmac for it.

I’ve looked into putting the driveway grids down which are then filled with the aggregate; advantages are that there is less runoff as water can drain away, you get the look of a stone driveway and the grids hold the chippings better then just throwing them down and rolling them in. Similar to below

2 Likes

404 is what’s down on it already but well worn away now. Id like to put decorative stone but more hassle with what was already there

1 Like

Get a tractor and roller if you have access to one or off a neighbour which might help make light work of it (if you have sufficient room to maneuver it)

You can rent a drive on one off a local plant hire business too.

Don’t fall for the decorative stone craic. Quarries and stone suppliers rip you off for that. A standard monotone chipping would be a fraction of the cost per tonne.

1 Like

Gravel robbers😊

Anyone ever replace wooden decking with composite? I’m nearly afraid to ask how much it would cost …it’s about 30ft by 30 ft…railing on 3 sides