Faldo's DIY General thread

I’ve heard of people paying similar amounts to get their pipe cleared. You wouldn’t be getting your quotations mixed up?

1 Like

House insurance? Had no idea that would be covered.

Think it might be

1 Like

No, that’s the rate for a boiler service alight - and that wont include if there’s parts needed and they have to come back.

1 Like

It’s the rate for all their work.

€99 isnt a huge pile for fixing/servicing a boiler.

1 Like

Per hour though?

Agreed. My normal plumber would be more for a boiler service . Im scared off by the danger of a lad scratching his hole looking at it telling me it took a day. There may be an issue with said boiler.

1 Like

Service is different , service is a straight price, but anything else can be v expensive, assumed that house insurance covers it,a guy I work for occasionally ( flats etc, pays insurance for same AFAIK)

Ask him for a price for service and that’s that… He could stay 3 hrs doing a job that takes an hour

1 Like

My fear exactly.

1 Like

Board Gais will send a man to service it whether they are your current gas provider or not ---- it’s 99 for a full service, not per hour.

3 Likes

is the boiler not firing or whats the story? is there enough water pressure?

The boiler is working. Although she said it’s flashing a warning. It was due a service.

could just be water pressure dropping, just get the service for 99 quid in that case

Are you with Bord Gais?

You dont have to be for a service AFAIK ----

@Juhniallio - i might just be pressure - check it when you get home … only a matter of turning valve to bring pressure up.

2 Likes

Get the service… Agree price before hand… Problem solved

2 Likes

Some of the bord gais plans give you a free service. Which is why I was asking

2 Likes

Tà lads. I’ve found a plumber.* He’ll service it on Friday. I’ll report back. Many thanks to all concerned.

1 Like