Faldo's DIY General thread

Both shut today, open tomorrow pal.

Ah yeah but the one in Ennis has a temporarily closed sign up

They’ll deliver you a mower.

Sound I’ll give them a shout

Don’t get a Husqvarna.

No complaints here, his choices will be limited in current climate

Fair enough , I’m very unimpressed with the amount of problems I’ve had with mine in 2 years.

You should be able to source a lawnmower in Also or Lidl. They’re both open AFAIK and they were both selling mowers a week ago.

“get a lawnmower delivered”…There better be a solid explanation for this observation.

Your plan in terms of the area itself is great and definitely agree about the weedmat, something people skimp on or overlook as a short cut that causes all kinds of work and grief in the future.

BUT, none of this will.be any good unless you sort out the flooding and drainage. You can raise the beds and use as much mulch as you like. They’ll be under water again.
Have a look at Youtube on how to install a French drain or pay some lad a few hundrednto do it. You seriously need to sort that out.

1 Like

F all in Aldi

Whelans have that or Honda

That’s gone right over my head mate

I just can’t see myself buying a lawnmower without having seen it up close, given it a push or two, established what span it’ll cut, sorta bonded with the feckin’ thing before committing to it.
Having it delivered is the ultimate defeat for me. I’m predicting a turbulent relationship with whatever you end up with.

2 Likes

Understood, I dont have choice however as im house bound. It might need to be a temporary jobby. Whelans do second hand.

A forum member chose his wife online from a catalogue with less fuss. The relationship was indeed turbulent.

3 Likes

Tractor or Front Deck?

What’s all this now? You’ve a wicked imagination.

:clap:

As my father would say, they havent hands to wipe their arses.

1 Like

If you have a good deal of ground and don’t want to collect the grass then a Front Deck Mulching mower is the way forward.
Like this one, I have one 3 seasons and not a spanner put near it. Grass clippings with young kids is an issue.

If your happy with a Tractor style model which collects the grass then definitely spend the extra money on the Honda.
Those Husqvarna tractor lawn mowers are heaps of shite apparently.

Fuck me. That thing is bigger than my back garden

1 Like