Faldo's DIY General thread

Nice bit a stonework there.A few lads will have heart attacks when they see the size of your mcmansion.

3 Likes

It’s class fair dues to the man

I don’t think they will. @blackjack, you can find your folio here and go from there.

1 Like

Jaysus your bate for space are you?

Serious flex there by @Faldo

1 Like

Not mine @Massey, it’s a mates. Old landlords site. I did a lot of the work on it alright tho. The outhouse and buildings around it make it… Its fucking huge… Esb bill must be huge

1 Like

If the neighbours have claimed their section, take the equivalent for yourself. Makes a nice straight line for the builder and let them dispute it instead of the other way around. Though if the wall is already built inside the tree line it seems a bit late for that maybe. Actually I’m not renowned for my DIY skills on here so perhaps ignore that advice (though I did win a boundary dispute involving trees and an unclear line before by not backing down more than anything and just being consistent with neighbours).

1 Like

Fucking Downton Abbey :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

@Mullach_Ide @Faldo @ciarancareyshurlingarmy @Corksfinedtboy @gilgamboa @Julio_Geordio @TreatyStones @ironmoth @Rocko. Many thanks for all the help gents. Much appreciated :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Got two ton of stones delivered there. Spreading them on the driveway now. I have a great way with a shovel.

5 Likes

You’ve been digging most of your life you bitter oul bollocks.

How’s the Celtic curse by you this weather?

What sort of a stone did you go for?

The same stone I had on it before.

2 Likes

Were the old one robbed or something?

Over time it sinks or is taken out by the tyres of the car.

I put down a nice river pebble recently

1 Like

Would lads be typically LHOT with the shovel? I’m LHOT though I write with my right. I use the left for leverage and the right for control of the shovel.

2 Likes

I found this query interesting. Is your garden bounded by rickety panel fencing or by a concrete block wall? The existing tree line outside the current boundary (or where you’re allowing it to be) I take it. What actions are your neighbours taking?
You’re hardly going to knock a block wall and rebuild it so it brings the trees into your property?

2 Likes

North galway will put a waterfall over by the entrance.

Rake?