Faldo's DIY General thread

Quick question lads.
Was thinking of digging levelling the back garden then putting down paving slabs.
Are you required to keep a certain percentage of your garden for soakage?
Thanks in advance

You’ll need to have some sort of drainage anyway mate

1 Like

I’m doing something similar at the moment… Made an bit of a start this morning… Currently relaxing with a bottle of beer… Put a slight fall into one corner, put a trap or a gully therewith a soak pit below it… Should need much if its a small area

2 Likes

I was thinking of going the gully route and may ruining the gully into the shore for rain off gutters.
Was going back and forward with the aul lad who is handy with this sort of thing.

House was built on a old park the builders made no effort to level the garden.

Ya that would be A1, how big of an area is it, that’s all I’m doing and it’s 30 by 30 m2

The back garden is small enough 20ft by 25ft.

Went out this morning turned a bit of soil to start taking out the large stones.

Keep them for the soakage pit.

2 Likes

I have them all in large buckets had the little one putting them in for me this morning

1 Like

You have small stones, not large stones.

4 Likes

Every day is a school day

Today is a stoney day on tfk.

1 Like

Would have a be a Galway farmer who becomes TFKs official stones expert

I’ve the scars to prove it.

I’ll sell you a few stones if you are stuck @Dubhub. We’ve a load of pebble type stones that were put in the back garden for decoration when it was built. I must get rid of them now so I can put down some astro turf

I am going to go with the gully option.

Topping up stones every couple of years is not worth the hassle putting slabs down easier maintenance

1 Like

Ok. Help required. I’ve assembled a patio heater over 2 days. Have the gas canister and the regulator in situ but I can’t get the bastard pilot light to light. Anyone ever experience similar.

Before anyone asks I have shoved my thumb up my hole. That didn’t help. And no I don’t hate the planet.

Did ya turn on the gas?

Yes I turned on the gas.

Can you hear the gas coming out the top?

No. I can hear it coming out of the cylinder though.