Faldo's DIY General thread

That would suggest to me its the sewerage. A quick look, see and smell will tell you immediately.

Be careful, mate.

2 Likes

Don’t worry bandage. I assume this is all happening over the Internet. In reality mmrs rocko is downstairs standing over a drain receiving instructions from him on her ipad.

6 Likes

I’m wary of those poor brothers who died in Portmarnock earlier this year. @Rocko should pay for a professional to fix it even if it’s a drain on resources.

1 Like

:joy:

As long as he doesn’t somehow manage to end up inside in the sewer he’ll be fine. Actually @Rocko maybe ask the father in law over.

@Rocko flush some food dye down the toilet while you have the manhole covers open with someone watching. That will trace it for you. You can then use the snake tool at the manhole if you see a backup.

Looking forward now to see if this a blockage problem or a damaged/collapsed pipe. The video feed from an inspection camera is a sight to behold.

Just keep away from the radiators and you should be fine.

I’m not at all sure how to lift off these covers. I think I need some sort of special tool to do it do I?

Jesus wept. A flat edged screwdriver or a knife.

2 Likes

Ok, have to change a nappy first but will report back in a few minutes.

Stop shitting yourself and get on with it.

1 Like

So you built a garage over the drain @Rocko and you are wondering why the fuck it might be blocked?

1 Like

Ok so I found the blockage I think. I opened the drain in the garage and it’s all clogged. I flushed and then could see water coming up to that drain and then stopping when it hits the blockage.

It’s at the drain in the garage.

The garage was always there Fagan.

Photo to follow… what do I do, just try and shift it with a stick. It’s not terribly pretty and the fact it’s inside is a bit nasty for odours.

Thanks for posting up a picture of your shit there Rocko.

Do you have a set of rods?

1 Like

Nope. I have a mop handle. And I guess a couple of old brushes and things. Am I looking to break that stuff up or move it on or blast it or what?

I have rods if you need them. We had some issues after we built an extension rather hurriedly some time ago.

4 Likes

It’s ment a l that your drain is inside the four walls by the way.

Yeah the house fucking stinks now after I opened that for a minute or two. And it does explain why the garage is sometimes foul smelling.

Do I really need rods? Are they just long sticks?

Long sticks but with a plunger (flat plate) on top. They are also extra bendy so they can go round bends

Best use the rods and give it a good ramming, rather than simply pushing it out of sight. That looks fairly foul by the way. Having dealt with pigs, cattle, sheep among others, there’s nothing fucking worse than human effluent. Especially your own.