Faldo's DIY General thread

If he cuts the length of the skirting he might get away with a bit of sanding and filler until he decides to get a professional… Are you painting it up @Juhniallio?

2 Likes

Fast fix- take off skirting board, cut using the mitre board, nice and tight, then caulk

1 Like

Shoot the chippie aswell

1 Like

I don’t think it’s coming back off the wall again…

Room has been painted already

1 Like

You’ll have a rat in there in no time

6 Likes

Yeah bang on, ATM too wide for caulk, but if really stuck he could pack inside the skirting board the lash the caulk on( not filler)

1 Like

Put packing down so behind the skirting board and caulk away

1 Like

You need to fix the other part aswell or else it’ll be horrid looking, fill the wall with interior filler ( fast drying) sand with medium paper, paint, and then caulk

1 Like

How thick is that skirting board?

1 Like

Sell or burn the house. Corky is advising packing and caulking. The rats are zoning in already. Would you buy a terrier by any chance.

4 Likes

Or a big time cat

1 Like

“the lads”.
At least @iron_mike admitted to fucking up his table.

1 Like

The lad that put on that skirting much have cut it with a bushman the rough cunt

8 Likes

:rofl:

TBH most of the houses I’m working in( not a lot lately) have similar skirting board issues, mason and plasterers must have been langers altogether

Photo no 2 was done by a butcher.No doubt about it.No chippy worth his salt would leave a corner like that.Id fire a lad if he left a job like that.

4 Likes

Agree, same all over doing a local GAA club ATM, not a straight wall in , or around the place, so all trades at it

Holy shit that’s the worst skirting joint I’ve ever seen… and that takes some doing.

5 Likes

Take a closer look at the gaping hole. There’s probably more to come off, already loose and cracked but hidden by paint. Gouge out anything that’s loose. Wet the area… skim it with polyfilla and sand it down lightly. Let it dry for 24hrs. Don’t trust the 20minute shite. Paint the area once or twice and then the whole wall again.

Wish your carpenter all the best. He’s going to need it.

2 Likes

Honest to God I was in a house last year and I could put my big hand down behind the skirting board all over the downstairs of the house, banana wall

2 Likes