Faldo's DIY General thread

Ffs I hope you didn’t pay the cunt that did that for you, did he cut the joint with a knife? Both them joints need to be re cut and you can cauk after

5 Likes

The plaster job above it isn’t much better. Id hate to see the foundations

Maybe he got @Rocko to do it?

2 Likes

At least I know how to deal with them fuckers. I’ll have it killed and stuffed with caulk in no time. He’ll adorn the walls well.

2 Likes

Even I’m not that thick.

If that’s how they finished the parts you can see…

1 Like

That house is fucked.Id move out in case it falls down.

3 Likes

When was the house built Juhny?

The plastering in the second picture is as bad as the carpentry. And you have to take off the skirting. No way will it ever look half decent without doing so. The carpenter even left nails sticking out for you.

2 Likes

Was it not spotted on snag? Surely still foreman on site to get the cunt responsible back in to fix it.

Absolutely. Sure that wing of the house was thrown up in a hurry during the rainbow government in the early nineties.

3 Likes

Had to get it built before the government collapsed

I think @Juhniallio needs to come clean here. He ripped the plaster off the walls when he used a crowbar to take off the previous skirting. It was obviously nothing to do with the plasterer…wtf would a plasterer rip off his own plaster?
The lazy bollox then slapped on a hape of paint and thought the wife would let him away with it…the same wife that spent two years hectoring and brow beating him into doing the job in the first place. In his defence, as he stood in some soulless laminate floor warehouse, he despondently hoped against hope that that the paper covered mdf skirting his wife had selected would be wide enough to conceal his incompetence (and his shame). At this stage in proceedings the challenges presented by simple mitre joints hadn’t even occurred to him- probably just as well.
It’s an old tale and a sorry one at that.

3 Likes

That’s exactly what happened I believe. Wasnt me that did it though. I got painting detail after a j1 summer job 20 years ago. A lovely essay though, i almost wanted it to be me.

2 Likes

So you bought it looking like that?

No. It’s not my house. We’ve had to do up part of my folks house in a hurry. All done by various family members and mates. That corner will haunt me when I look at it but it wasnt my doing and I wont have time to put it right. In the context of everything it doesn’t matter a fuck.

2 Likes

No snaggers anymore , just cleaners really, poorly paid agency workers mostly

My offer still stands. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any handy man worth half a fuck will have that done for ya in half an hr

2 Likes

I appreciate your kind offer, I really do. But lets face it, I wouldnt trust you to toast a slice of bread right, let alone re fit a skirting board.
Now when I need to move online with my business, or I need to track people contacting my kids on Bebo, you’ll be the first in line.

2 Likes

This is vile, you should be ashamed of yourself. Just look at it.

4 Likes