Faldo's DIY General thread

It doesn’t look as bad in real life… honest. We’ll see what I can so about it tomorrow.

1 Like

If you’re planning on buying a mitre saw, box or whatever they’re called make sure the walls or pillars of the box are higher than the skirting. I’ve made all the mistakes for you.

@Gman would an undercutter tool enable me pair down the boards in situation cleanly? Or would it be like an electric shredder?

Gawdhelpus

1 Like

Will ya just pay a cunt a few quid to a lad that knows what he’s doing

2 Likes

I would if he could do it tomorrow. It’s time, not cash is the issue. I think about how big a fuck up I could make and think it may not be worth the effort

You’ve the same tiles as myself

Just take them off the wall and at least if they don’t meet properly you can make them the right length so they aren’t sticking out from the wall. Throw in your filler to the gap then if you can’t get it flush

He cant take it off, he’ll tear half the skim coat off the walls.

Rip the fukken skirting off the walls altogether. Go to a decent hardware and buy panel sheets. You’ll be no doubt supplied with suitable adhesive. Stick a bit of a rail on top.
Shitty skirting …Gone.
Shitty plasterwork… Camouflaged.

Huzzah…

1 Like

How kitschy

Christ he put so much effort into that and you left him on his hole, you’re a hard man.

Awful skirting btw, just awful. That carpenter hasn’t hands to wipe his arse.

1 Like

How much would you pay a man to build a 3 x 3m base for a shed. How thick would said base need to be? 4 inches according to t’internet. Also according to t’internet it’d only be a metre squared of concrete. Is it even possible to get that small an amount delivered these days?
How much would it be?

Cc @Gman

It’s not a huge amount, but a nice bit if you had to barrow it in yourself. The main question is can you get the truck close enough to the shed site to chute it in? Different trucks have different length chutes. If the truck won’t wait around, where will you dump it temporarily. You might be cutting it a bit close there with waste and everything. Might need a bit more.

I’ve gotten that amount before. Think about €150 (don’t hold me to that). Main thing was there was no point ringing around looking for a better price. Once I gave my address they said, ah we can’t deliver there, you’ll have to ring Roadstone.

If you knew a lad driving a truck you might get lucky. They dump loads nearly every single day. So he’d have plenty left some day and you’d get it cheap on his way home. Got a nice bit myself that way, but you have to be ready for the phone call and have the labour on hand to get in in and down.

1 Like

Ya, no chance of it reaching to where I need it to unfortunately so I’d be on the barrow.
Would it be an awful ordeal to mix that amount myself if I rented a mixer?

You’ll pay about 80 quid for the m3 you want and 30 or 40 per m3 uncarried up to 6m3 . Plus vat.

Approx.

Unless you are very close to a batching plant.

It’s only a days work for someone to prep and pour the base unless there is a load of digging to do.

I can see Irish cement from my back window if that helps

Two lads would do it in a handy day. But you’d want two lads levelling.

Follow up question. There’s a load of stone out the back that I need to get rid of, it’s “decorative” but nothing fancy, here when we moved in. Anyway I need rid of it, would anyone want it? Or would I just pay to get it dumped somewhere? Free to a good home by the way, I’ll even help ye shovel it up