Faldo's DIY General thread

No batching plant there.

Two levelling? Ah stop

Not really for something that small.

Dump it.

Just the final screed. One mixing, one levelling. 3M is a nice little screed.

Yeah as lads say above, you’ll be charged a surcharge for small load, so could end up about 150. Do you need someone to dig out the area? Have some stone backfill to put down too? You should really. Dig down about 200mm, 100mm of stone and pour 100mm of concrete then. A lad with a digger and you should have it done handy in a day. Couple hundred quid cash for him, some stone and concrete.

Put it in the foundation or under a path out to the shed.

1 Like

That small, once you’ve your timber plumped level one man with a fag hanging out his mouth

2 Likes

Ya I’ll fuck some of it into the foundation. But there’s a load of bricks concreted to the ground out there as an “edge” that I’ve to smash up and I was planning on burying them in foundation :grinning:

Pour it wet enough and it’ll find it’s own level

If you are any bit handy you’ll do it yourself in a weekend.

Ah ya I’m not too worried about it in terms of the doing of it, more the logistics, cost etc. I’ve poured my share of concrete and done a summer labouring for a block layer so I wouldn’t be worried about mixing it etc. Although I’d probably fall in a hape after half an hour of shovelling these days. I’ve a fella doing another job for me who’s quoted me €800 to do the base all in. I reckon I can do it for at least half that, but then I’ve to do all the work organising etc. Still €400 is €400.

Indeed, sounds expensive. 400 saved and think of how proud you will be.

Get a couple of slabs of beer, ring a few lads and get them to bring barrows with them, get a small load, fire it in and then get drunk.

A man said to me before there’s only two things in the world you can’t stop once you start - concrete and grass (silage).

1 Like

He’s you well worked out

1 Like

That sounds like an offer.

To be fair to him he’s given me a good price on another job. I’ve a feeling he couldn’t be arsed doing this one though. And sure I can’t argue with that

My wheel barrow has a hole in it

Every wheel Barrow has a hole in it.