Faldo's DIY General thread

Not my call obviously, but they’re not bad, need to give them a good wash now later on or tomorrow, done

4 Likes

That’s a fine bit of lino

Oooft!

It’s got a lovely ‘peasant chic 1960s’ look to it. Might even make a nice table cloth too.

That’s an oooft now?? We’ve changed the definition

No, not really. It’s just that your tiling efforts were unceremoniously slapped down by referencing lino. In this case and circumstance the Oooft appears justified. As you were.

@backinatracksuit did a handy bit of tiling and deserves a scatter of likes. I was happy to throw him one, even if I wasn’t that gone on the tiles.
That said I checked the ‘likes’ on my own efforts from march 27. His avatar is indeed missing.
I’m letting my ‘like’ stand though, lest I be accused of pettiness.

2 Likes

If you’re not being petty you’re not doing TFK right

1 Like

Fuckit, that was a smashing job, I don’t often check this thread, kudos

As a young lad I kind of served my time as a tiler, didn’t stick with it long but I know a good job when I see it

1 Like

I’m throwing you a like in spite of the remark you made to @Juhniallio on 8/6/20 at 21.33

1 Like

Too little too late

@Juhniallio and me are tight. S’all good.

Where’s the best place to buy paint. Is a paint shop more or less expensive than the likes of woodies?

Building supplies often have dacent offers in white and cream masonry paint

An independent paint shop or hardware store.

1 Like

@Corksfinedtboy

Last time I bought it in pat McDonnell paints and I felt it was very expensive. That said I have absolutely no concept of the price of paint

It’s like anything kid - you’ll pay for the quality stuff, even in Woodies and the likes…

You might save a few bob with one of the big units alright like Woodies

1 Like

For a canvas or a wall?

For a back wall. Nothing fancy