Fantasy NFL

I’m thinking of setting up a TFK league on nfl.com. I just want to get an idea if there is enough interest on here to make it worthwhile. We could also set up a league on nfluk.com if anybody is interested.

Sure the league is over Flano. Kerry won.

Dont let shan near it…

I’d be in.

As I’ve never entered a team on the nfl.com site I just need to know one thing. Should I go with an automated or live draft?

Flano we can run one on here if you want. I plan on putting up a soccer one (which I won’t get round to but that’s the aim) but if you want to do the admin then you can run the NFL one on here so we can control the draft better etc.

It’s easy enough to do, you get files with the scores for the week and everything but if you’re happy with the corporate alternative then use that obviously.

You’re some fucking legend though either way.

[quote=“therock67”]Flano we can run one on here if you want. I plan on putting up a soccer one (which I won’t get round to but that’s the aim) but if you want to do the admin then you can run the NFL one on here so we can control the draft better etc.

It’s easy enough to do, you get files with the scores for the week and everything but if you’re happy with the corporate alternative then use that obviously.

You’re some fucking legend though either way.[/quote]

Yeah that sounds good Rock, you ledge. Lets do that then.

LIVE. The live draft is a great laugh.

Automated is bullshit.
And it’d be great when we all [kinda] know each other.

I’d be up for it, and definitely a live draft.

[quote=“therock67”]Flano we can run one on here if you want. I plan on putting up a soccer one (which I won’t get round to but that’s the aim) but if you want to do the admin then you can run the NFL one on here so we can control the draft better etc.

You’re some fucking legend though either way.[/QUOTE]

How’s the soccer one going?
Have you made much progress.

Yeah I’ve done a bit on it.

Figured how to clone the stuff from the Guardian which is handy. Just need to work on the scoring system and some of the labels but it should be straightforward enough.

Count me in Flano.*

• But I’m not helping out in any way after the vbookie 8/1 versus 1/8 debacle. I just can’t be trusted with these things.

Sounds good.

[quote=“therock67”]Yeah I’ve done a bit on it.

Figured how to clone the stuff from the Guardian which is handy. Just need to work on the scoring system and some of the labels but it should be straightforward enough.[/QUOTE]

What are you cloning? Their weekly scores data?

Well the player database to start off with.

Then I think the weekly score data (but slightly amended). To be honest it’s been a few weeks so I can’t remember but I think I was just taking their data into a spreadsheet and then uploading it to the MySQL database. Was playing around then with having those “team offence” and “team defence” concepts that they have in the NFL versions that aren’t in the Guardian. So bit of manual intervention but it’s at team and not player level so should be manageable.

[quote=“therock67”]Well the player database to start off with.

Then I think the weekly score data (but slightly amended). To be honest it’s been a few weeks so I can’t remember but I think I was just taking their data into a spreadsheet and then uploading it to the MySQL database. Was playing around then with having those “team offence” and “team defence” concepts that they have in the NFL versions that aren’t in the Guardian. So bit of manual intervention but it’s at team and not player level so should be manageable.[/QUOTE]

I’m trying to make my own from scratch.
Don’t think I’ll be able to. It’s more a learning exercise than anything else. If it works out I’ll show ye.

I went ahead and set up a league on NFL.com. The league name is: thefreekick. I chose an easy to remember password: cunt. I set the draft time for 7pm ET, 2pm GMT on Sunday the 9th August.

Christ is that not a bit early for a draft. The first games aren’t til early Sept.

Ah I just chose a date when I would definitely be around :stuck_out_tongue:

Count me in Flano you ledge