Fantasy Premier League 2008/2009

Its open to register. I hope this season the interest will be there right until the end.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

I’m not going to even bother this time. I know I’ll lose interest by October at the very latest.

Are we gonna have a TFK mini-league?

Im sure we will. Bandage can sort it as he is the moderator and his title suggests he should approve anything tfk.

Is Clarkey not usually the one that sets up the league?

I can set a league up it. Dont want the legal eagles from the freekick to get on my case about misrepresentation of the name tfk, The Rock 67 or Flano.

Go for it Shan. You want this and it’s time for you to deliver. I managed my team for Week 1 last year and then quit. It’s in the Wexford genes.

The Freekick. Code to join league is 11793-13741

Unlimited transfers before the first game. I havent picked Ronaldo due to his ankle operation.

Couldn’t be arsed. As you said yourself the interest is gone by October. It used to be something to faff (sp?) about with on a Friday afternoon in work, but I don’t work any more.

I did this last year and my absolute refusal to buy Ronaldo meant I was bottom of the league until about October when I stopped checking.

I was in a random league with a mate and his work crew and I had them coming up to me in February saying ‘Jaysus you are not doing too well’. I said that I could not be arsed since October and they looked at me as if I said their mother was a whore or something.

I shall not be entering any fantasy leagues this year…

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]I did this last year and my absolute refusal to buy Ronaldo meant I was bottom of the league until about October when I stopped checking.

I was in a random league with a mate and his work crew and I had them coming up to me in February saying ‘Jaysus you are not doing too well’. I said that I could not be arsed since October and they looked at me as if I said their mother was a whore or something.

I shall not be entering any fantasy leagues this year…[/quote]

Yeah, I had similar conversations with my mates last year. They’d be emailing each other on Friday afternoon debating if Rafa would rotate and all this scheidt and I was like so disinterested (little nod to Ross O’Carroll Kelly there).

money makes it a bit more interesting. We had a league going in work, with €200 for the winner and a few bob for second and third. Going into the last weekend the top 5 were separated by 8 points! Was really close. And kept up the interest by all in work as we had monthly winners too, think €40 or something to the best team of the month.

Shamless bumping of a thread here. Only 3 members so far in it. Its pathetic.

I’ll join there now shan.

Good man Locke. :frowning: Need more people with your kind of attitude. Not the well I will lose interest after the first week. If it happens it happens.

I’ll join there now as well…

My first time joining such a game, but I imagine I’ll stroll it, as long as I keep an interest.

Don’t be shy lads. The more the merrier.

Whoever keeps interested in it the longest wins I would say.

right, i’m in and i’ll keep it going til the bitter end (of liverpool’s title push !!)