FAO Carryharry

Aye, park it up in Moyross and let nature take its course

EGR valve replacement they say, 500 blips?

That include labour?

Yep

PM me if you would like me to source a cheaper alternative, pal.

Ah I’ve already told them to order the part and the garage is handy for me. Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t getting completely ripped off

And what would you have done if you were given you’ve told them to go ahead with it??

I’d tell them they’re trying to rip me off and cancel the order. I haven’t handed over any money yet.

Why do you always have to be a smartarse?

It was an honest question. I’d assume they’d look for money if you tried as you told them to order it?

Ok, sorry if I was a little over zealous in my last post. They might look for it alright, doesn’t mean they’d get it

@carryharry

Would there be good money in the second hand catalytic converter market?

The reason I ask is the other day one was robbed from a Prius in a Car Park which would be close to my workplace.

The CCTV shows a Car with a yellow reg. drove in and 2 lads hopped out of the car next to the Prius. They had the Catalytic Converter gone off the car within a few minutes. Apparently it’s only held on with a few screws in the old generation Prius…

1 Like

There is a disused mechanics garage and yard near my house. There was a heap of old bangers just lying there untouched for a few years. One morning recently they were all in there turned over on their sides. Apparently it was the catalytic converter they were after

Yeah, been a good few years since I’ve heard of this happening in a big way though.
Think a Scrap yard above near Templemore was broken into about 8 years ago and they whipped about 50 Catalytic converters being stored there.
Totally ignored an array of tools, welders etc…

Think the Scrap yards who were buying them eased off buying them as their yards were walking with Guards for a good while.

Do you know anything about this garage @carryharry?

Prices seem to be to good to be true!?!? Which is obviously ringing alarm bells.
Not registered with SIMI either…
Would they just be buying them at auctions and flipping them or what? Or are they absolute junk that I shouldn’t touch

Never a good sign imo when a Garage selling that kind of stock uses a CarsIreland website.
If you can afford to be selling that spec of Car then you usually spend a few quid on your own website.

Search for business info is weak.

What are you after?

Looks great kid, fire away.

2 Likes

Cash for Cars too… :thinking:

A new car. Never got round to it after the last time we spoke… But then someone punched a fucker of a hole in the door to get into it the other day. She wants a 7 seater that feels big /safe. I want something highly reliable/doesn’t breakdown a lot and is cheap enough to run.

PM wish-list & budget info and I’ll get to work, bro.