FAO Chartered Accountants

Easy to be a partner in some Mickey Mouse firm.

2 Likes

Not a partner.

1 Like

True enough. Even worse so.

Just got my email for renewing my membership sub this morning. 565 Euro for ROI members, still a bargain. I notice the Nordies get a cheaper rate of 396 quid.

What area of tax does Cian specialize in? Financial services, inward investment.

His bio on the site is a bit cringe

PWC let him go. He must be terrible.

2 Likes

Captain of Kilmacud Crokes. I wouldn’t be admitting to that these days.

2 Likes

Not a lot of leadership on show last week anyway.

A lot of the smaller tax firms are serious operations making as good, if not more money, than larger ones doing HNW personal tax. Twomey Moran for example would be making a lot of money and I doubt the hours are as bad.

The cheerleading of him is a bit gauche though.

A small personal tax dept of 5 people would pump out over a thousand personal tax returns at 2k a pop. Couple of hundred k to pay the lackeys and the rest to the partner.

The glorified excel jockeys will be the first to go in the digital revolution. Ye lads better all make sure ye are partners in the next few years, because the worker bees are going to be extinct.

I left that realm long ago pal, but agreed, the excel jockeys only have a couple of years left.

Visualising data is the new excel. If you’re not an expert on Tableau it’s time to get on board.

Data is the new oil

1 Like

Anyone going to the Christmas lunch in the Burlo?

He didn’t even bother playing one of their games

I’d give it five years. People don’t consider that many companies have shit software which will not be compatable with these new things.

Fucked off on his stag didnt he?

No
PS, he’s gone to the squid.

When is it on bro? Today? Like right now? Are you going?