FAO Dublin Based Posters

Anybody able to recommend a good, reasonably priced mechanic on the south side of the city? Preferably near enough a DART station if possible.

Nope.

There’s no such thing on this planet.

There is one that I’ve ever come across that my parents use but he ain’t in Dublin. I need to put it in for a service but lots of warning lights came on this morning. Help a nigga out, bro.

K & L auto services in Walkinstown

croppy_boy[/USER] or [USER=1408]Scrunchie might know…

I dont send my car to the gargae…

Whereabouts Fran? That’s a little far out for me-living in Ringsend.

Haven’t used them Horsebox but I’ve heard good things about Macken Motors there on Macken St

Odd reply, Count nailed it when he said there wasn’t such a thing in Dublin and you mentioned some fella who nailed your mom, or something like that. Odd.

By the way, you should regularly service your car, this is poor car mainteneance.

Cheers Fagan-that’s about 5 minutes from the gaff so would be perfect. That’s the one down by the Grand Canal Theatre?

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 805202, member: 180”]Odd reply, Count nailed it when he said there wasn’t such a thing in Dublin and you mentioned some fella who nailed your mom, or something like that. Odd.

By the way, you should regularly service your car, this is poor car mainteneance.[/quote]

:rolleyes: If you want to delete that fire away-I will delete this post afterwards.

Service your car more regularly, don’t fear mechancics, they are people like the rest of us and you are employing them to carry out a service. There is nothing to fear except your lack of knowledge.

briantinnion 's old lad.

I service it when it is due a service like most normal people-it is a modern car that tells you when a service is due and everything. Mechanics are well known to be gypsy-like in their eagerness to rip people off so I was hoping for some helpful advice(thank you Fran[/USER] and [USER=706]Fagan ODowd ) but also knew I would have to engage with the less helpful posters also.

By the way, if anyone has any tyre trouble with their car I highly recommend going to Kimmage Tyres on Sundrive Road. Without a doubt the soundest bunch of lads you could hope to meet, they work after closing time to accomodate you and charge fuck all in comparison to others. There are some good guys out there.

You said it was due a service, suggesting you had been tardy with sending it for one. Your unease at doing so would suggest a fear of mechanics. There is nothing to fear if you are a strong confident guy, its like women really, you just need to be a confident guy.

+1

the simple muldoon is afraid of social situations with working class blue collar dubs

That’s the one.

Why the preference for DART station proximity, pal?

Drop off the car, hop on the DART to work, work, hop on the DART to collect car-bada bing, bada boom.

Fagan’s tip ticks all the boxes-I’ll stroll up to Barrow Street after dropping off the car and check out some Google talent before boarding the DART to work.