FAO Dublin Based Posters

[quote=“Horsebox, post: 805249, member: 1537”]Drop off the car, hop on the DART to work, work, hop on the DART to collect car-bada bing, bada boom.

Fagan’s tip ticks all the boxes-I’ll stroll up to Barrow Street after dropping off the car and check out some Google talent before boarding the DART to work.[/quote]

Makes sense. Just wanted to check you weren’t planning on bringing the car with you on the DART. That wouldn’t be allowed.

You lads must have watched far too many episodes of The Cook Report growing up. Why all the paranoia about mechanics? Most of the lads in the industry are decent honest blokes trying to make a living.

The general public (who I hate) have an unrealistic expectation of what it should cost for a service or repairs. And then the bastards don’t pay for months on end.

You sure about that Bandage?[ATTACH=full]757[/ATTACH]

I’ve just booked her in Fagan-I’ll let you know how I get on. The man on the other end of the phone was quite pleasant and I am far less apprehensive about how this will go after speaking to him. Fingers crossed as they say…

Well done on popping your cherry mate, we’re all proud of you.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves-I’ve only made the booking. God knows what’s ahead of me.

Best of luck Horsebox, my man is bang on but probably a little outside your catchment area

[quote=“count of monte cristo, post: 805194, member: 348”]croppy_boy[/USER] or [USER=1408]Scrunchie might know…
I dont send my car to the gargae…[/quote]

Check out Kelly’s in Ranelagh http://dublin.ratemyarea.com/places/kelly-s-garage-7866

carryharry Might also be able to point you in the right direction.

Cheers Fran-would be too awkward to get back from there to work without the car but I appreciate your input.

[quote=“croppy_boy, post: 805375, member: 306”]Check out Kelly’s in Ranelagh http://dublin.ratemyarea.com/places/kelly-s-garage-7866

carryharry Might also be able to point you in the right direction.[/quote]

I PM’d that bastard carryharry this morning and he still hasn’t had the good grace to get back to me-probably buried under a load of chocolate bar wrappers after smoking an eight of Northern Lights for breakfast the cunt.

That fella’s the absolute pits, if you ask me.

Ye absolute cunts! Did i not tell ye i was starting a new job this week, i am very busy & am not at a computer all day. Horsebox , just replied to your PM pal.

Fagan ODowd I can confirm the good things you’ve heard about that fine establishment. The proprietor is an absolute gentleman and I paid what I would consider to be a very fair price to get the car serviced and a couple of small bits and bobs adjusted. All in all, a very positive experience. Thanks for the tip, boy.

That what’s TFK is all about. Abusing cunts on some threads and helping them on others. Well done Fagan ODowd[/USER] and [USER=1537]Horsebox.

Great to hear :clap:

Someone mentioned that Kelly’s in Ranelagh/Rathmines, I had a run in with them once and would NOT recommend.

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 806805, member: 180”]Great to hear :clap:

Someone mentioned that Kelly’s in Ranelagh/Rathmines, I had a run in with them once and would NOT recommend.[/quote]

Funnily enough, the very same thing was said to me in the pub last night as I regaled the bar with tales of my adventure to the mechanics.

Yea, pretty much needed to get something done in a hurry and they tried to fleece me when I asked for a quote. Presume a fella who knew no better would get taken for a ride in there.

MF Autos in Deansgrange helped me a while back; might be a bit of a trek to the DART

Major high jinks in rural Ranelagh last night when some teens robbed an eircom van in town and rammed it into a load of cars in the sleepy borough.

Two men have been treated for minor injuries after a stolen Eircom van crashed into a number of cars in Ranelagh, Dublin last night.

Four people have been arrested after the van, which was stolen in Dublin city centre, collided with vehicles, causing significant damage.

The van was stolen from the St Stephen’s Green area at around 10pm.

GardaĂ­ said it was then driven towards Ranelagh, crashing into a number of vehicles along the way.

Two men and two women, all aged in their late teens, are being held at Irishtown and Pearse Street Garda Stations.

:eek:

I’m in Dublin. I’m lucky I wasn’t killed.