FAO techie geeks

yep ran a new setup. accepted licence agreement and all that. So at the end of all that, windows XP loaded as normal. The normal login screen appears as normal. Password still works. Now the following message pops up:

This copy of Windows must be activated with Microsoft before you can log on. Do you want to activate Windows now? Yes or No

Click yes and my ZoneAlarm firewall pops up to submit an error report. Go through that and you can see my screensaver but no screen icons or start menu

have tried this now with CD in and out. Also have changed around Boot Menu but to no avail.

P.S. The windows xp cd is not the one for my Toshiba laptop but for a Dell one. That may or may not be the problem I guess.

did you run a repair or install a new copy of windows?

Installed a new copy of windows.

Hm

hmmmm youā€™d have been better off running the repair option like I said. Not sure what your story is now because of you not having the right Windows disk. It shouldnā€™t make a masssive difference though. Do you have nothing on the desktop?

Yep no icons whatsoever. Background picture still the same.

Ah im off to OZ. Iā€™ll tell herself to drop it into the laptop doctor or something.

:rolleyes:

That should have read:

How do you send a group PM, in other words a PM with a number of recipients to it?

Anyone?

My Nokia phone (6300 I think) always displays messages received as an hour previous.
How do I sort this as Iā€™m phone retarded?

You on meteor Pikeman?

No, Iā€™m on 3

i received a message from a 3 number recently that said it was an hour later than it was so im presuming this is an issue with the 3 network and my advice is that change to a proper network

Sorry, I had a few on me at the time. Hope I didnā€™t wake you.
Love you,
Your Pikeman xxx

you wish !!! unless your female and play from St.Jamesā€™ Ladies club is wasnt from you ā€¦

Lezzerā€¦

Is it true Katherine Lynch has a character based on you CLG?

The wireless card went in my laptop, sent it off to be fixed via PC World, it has now come back completely wiped of everything, even my user settings, there is only one user Admin, I take it there is no way of retrieving anything at all?

PC World usually warn you of thisā€¦
some of your files may not be written over but would have to be forensicely retrievedā€¦
Why they wiped your harddrive installing a new wireless card is beyond me though

Iā€™m seething now, there was a warning that I might lose some information not the whole lot thoughā€¦ :angry:

warning you loose some means all you should never leave a machine to be fixed with data you need on it ā€¦ plus you should always have at least one backup of your files

CLG is right here Iā€™m afraid. never give anything to any repair crowd without backing up everything first. The only hope is that they just reinstalled windows and not reformatted your hard drive.

If you go to your C: drive, you might be lucky enough to have a folder called Windows.old

Let me know if you have that and we can take it from there.